legal B.C. , Canada. Food Safe Regulations

Hey there, pepper heads!

I was hoping someone could steer me in the direction of where I can find proper information on selling hot sauces. Next pepper season, I'd like to try to sell my sauce online and around my area. For the last, maybe, 6 years I've been making my own sauce. I think It's some of the best out there :p . I'm curious if it, it's feasible to do at home.

Any help, or information would be great. Thanks so much!

So, maybe not too easy to do in my situation. Would it be possible to borrow someones kitchen? I'll check out my local health department. But do you think that would be possible? Would I need some kind of food safe certificate?

Some basics here
http://thehotpepper.com/topic/66094-starting-a-food-business-101/

You have to start with your local food regulators. If you want to sell at a farmers market, they should be able to steer you to the licences you would need for that market.

In the US, most sauce making is inspected on the state level and state inspectors also do FDA inspections certifications.

Biggest tip I can say, and I do not know if it is the same in Canada, is that food establishment inspectors are NOT the same inspectors for food processors. Restaurant inspectors do not do food processing licensing.

Back