food Baby back ribs in smoker

Started 8:00 am this morning, removed 2:30 will eat 6:00 pm.rubed with home made hot rub let sit in frige over night. smoked with hickory.
4707243833_ebb7b1b565_b.jpg
">

Done smoking at 2:30 will eat at 6? Shame!

I like spare ribs better than baby back.

Plating pic a must!

looks awesome, but I gotta agree with thp, you cant wait 4hrs to eat them badboys after you pull em off the smoker thats just bbq blasphemy lol :D

If I bbq or oven bake my pork ribs, I give them a quick boil to help remove and loosen up the fat then cook them but if I smoke them then I just smoke after marinating.

Is it a water smoker as well or just hot and dry smoke?

Hope you enjoyed your meal, you did a good job.

It's a Bradly smoker made in Canada, Has a water bowl under smoke element, used pucks fall into after burning. Man they where Great.

SACRILEGIOUS

Wish is wasn't so but if you want to see '51 sometimes you have to slightly change the way you cook, if not please just donate your eyes, kidneys, liver and lunges as your heart won't be any good.

Started 8:00 am this morning, removed 2:30 will eat 6:00 pm.rubed with home made hot rub let sit in frige over night. smoked with hickory.
4707243833_ebb7b1b565_b.jpg
">

6 1/2 hrs. seems like a long time to smoke BB's, what temp were you using at grate/rack level? The reason I ask is I usually do spare in 6 hrs. at 225°. 3 hrs. naked, 2 hours foiled, and last hour to setup texture.I know everyone has a preferred method, just asking. It's all good my friend.

Wish is wasn't so but if you want to see '51 sometimes you have to slightly change the way you cook, if not please just donate your eyes, kidneys, liver and lunges as your heart won't be any good.
A slow smoke loosens it up and melts a lot of calogen. Like what was mentioned 3hrs on the smoke and 2 in foil and 1 back on the grill --- the 2 hrs in foil braises the rest of the fat away plus it is sooooo good mixed with bbq sauce after :drooling:

Back