• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

baby face green

I'm reading these forums daily now and doing everything I've been advised to do. I've noticed in looking at pictures of everyones plants that mine seem too be holding that baby green. It seems other plants are that dark deep green but mine are the lighter shade. All plants are healthy and growing fine (i think i have flowers coming soon). I have ts, bhuts, and habs. All in 5 gal containers, watered when needed, sitting in mg potting soil, fert is fish emulsion and the occasional mg fert. Fert about every two weeks or so. All plants hardened off (in sun allday now)

I don't have any pics at the moment because I'm on my phone, but is there anything I'm lacking?

Dont worry about... As long as its growing and looking healthy.

Here is a white bhut i have that had always been a light green.
DlBIOot.jpeg

The pods on it now
eoCxMLk.jpeg
e7aJ5Tp.jpeg

Genetics maybe? From last year, I only remember a plant or two of mine being a darker green.... this year, all of my plsnts are in the ground and its hit or miss with the shade of green....

I forget the dilution, but it only takes a little bit.... don't jnow how many leaves and seedlings I ok killed last year by over doing the epsom salt sprayings....

Thanks guys. And holyhotpeppers that's exactly what mine look like. Very healthy looking just the light shade.

As for the Epsom salt, what is this dude? Is it beneficial to be the dark green? I don't want to fix something that isn't broken

USMC said:
Thanks guys. And holyhotpeppers that's exactly what mine look like. Very healthy looking just the light shade.

As for the Epsom salt, what is this dude? Is it beneficial to be the dark green? I don't want to fix something that isn't broken
I never use epsom salt. Like you said.. If it's not broke dont fix it. Who cares if leaves are darker green. If its spitting pods out thats all that matters. Keep it simple!

Quit a few of my plants are light green and growing like crazy. This Trinidad Scorpion is about 4ft high
QOWzmwx.jpeg

I started using it because I read somewhere, maybe wrong, it essentially gave plant-snacking pests dysentery.... and it also provides magnesium and sulfur without much of an impact on soil ph....

Back