• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Babysitting Bell Pepper Plants

My dad had to go to the hospital and they're looking at surgury tomorrow, long story, wrong place.

Anyway... I took over care of his little pepper plants he had growing in an 18 count egg carton. They were getting spindly, leggy, and dry. When I got permission, he told my Mom he thinned them out to 1 plant per egg spot. Yeah right.
There were 39! I transplanted each of them into their own 12oz cup.
Add to those the 15 I picked out of the trash when he transplanted his 1st egg carton AND all the plants I had already.
I'm seriously running out of room. I've got 143 plants in my care now. That does not include the late starts I've still got in trays. Wow!

At least they're all happy & healthy.
I think there's only a few more days before I can take them outside into the shade. I've been waiting for the nights to warm up.

Thanks for the space to let me talk about my hobby. I love it here.

When i went on vaca i brought my plants over to my parents.... and they ended up killing 2 or 3 of them. I think you'll do a very good job though Poisonette.

I'd be interested to know how you get on with your Bell peppers Poisonette. I'm growing two plants for my Mum and they're just getting flower buds. To be honest I'm not expecting them to do much but I might be surprised. I just can't see how something tall and leggy can hold a bell pepper.

I have a total of 143 pepper plants.
Out of the 143 plants 78 are bells, 54 of those bells are Dad's 24 are mine.

The other 65 plants:
Royal Black
Red Chili
Purple Jalapeno
Pepperoncini
Long Slim Red Cayenne
Sweet Pickle
Sweet Banana
Yellow Hungarian Wax
Peach Habanero
Tabasco
Gold Bullet
Tepin
Early Red Jalapeno
Hot Banana Pepper
Orange Habanero
And 1 unknown from a mix.

I grew about six of them last year and had more peppers than Peter Piper ever picked! I couldn't image growing 50 or more of them!

Mike

I had 6 last year too, but each only produced 2 peppers. That's one reason I decided to add more this year. Mine only number 24. I'm also hoping to sell a few at our farmers market.

I have no idea what my Dad has planned for his.

Back