2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
2 lbs large shrimp, peeled, deveined, and rinsed
2 oz Monterey Jack cheese, cut into thin strips
3 jalapenos, cut into thin slices
1 lb bacon, halved
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 lime, quartered

In a small bowl mix together garlic powder, paprika, black pepper, and cayenne pepper. Place shrimp in a large bowl and season with 3/4 of the spice mixture, tossing to evenly coat. Working with one shrimp at a time, make a slit about 3/4 inch long at base of shrimp. Place one cheese slice and one jalapeno slice in the slit, then wrap shrimp with half a slice of bacon. Repeat with remaining shrimp.

Thread shrimp onto skewers and season lightly with remaining spice mixture. Brush lightly with melted butter.

Grill over high heat until bacon crisps and shrimp just cooks through, about 2-3 minutes per side. Remove to a platter and serve with lime wedges.

Mmmm ice cream...

Dammit, this is the third time I opened this thread thinking I was going to see bacon wrapped jalapeno shrimp and got rickrolled AGAIN!

418022_335218379845272_273879369312507_1039283_1187713505_n.jpg

Complain complain complain. I have to apologize for lack of pictures. The NEXT TIME this recipe is used, I will be sure to post the pictures of the deliciousness that ensues. It is hard enough remembering where I left my brain last time let alone posting pics of what I'm feeding it...

Back