food bacon wrapped smoked mozzarella stuffed meatballs

Make your basic meatball recipe including some scorpion dust for heat,shove a cheese hunk in middle wrap in bacon and smoke to 160.I used 1 bottle prego to some fresh tomato,oregano,garlic,onion black pepper and sea salt,Cooked low and slow with the meatballs.The smoke from the balls made the sauce fantastic.And I love pasta. ;)I realize I have done 3 bacon recipes in a row.After my bacon wrapped cow turd recipe next week,to show people bacon is good on anything,I promise to do something without it. :P
P6120005.jpg

P6120007.jpg

P6120008.jpg

P6120011.jpg

P6130001_1.jpg

If I had one suggestion turn your balls so the bacon comes together at the top.I lost a little cheese during the cook that I could have saved by proper bacon placement.

tctenten said:
Nice job Randy.   Love everything about that except the PREGO.   Those meatballs look killer.
   It was in my cabinet and needed to get used up.Most of sauce was from scratch,that was kind of a stretcher.

Yeah, I would have kept them out of the Prego and slapped them in a hard baked sourdough roll. Damn, they look good!

They look good. What's the grind? Beef, pork, veal?

Pop them in a hero with sauce and fontina cheese melting all over the top...

Back