• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Bacterial Black Spot?

Can anyone confirm baterial black spot from the following pics? Anything else that could cause something that looks similar?
IMG_1079.JPG

IMG_1078.JPG

Seems like it would be early to make that judgment based on the pictures.  Different types of blemishes will often appear for whatever reason and not recur.  The leaves show some irregular margins, which isn't at all uncommon with going through a little stress from transplant or plant-out adjustments.  Something like that could factor in. 

The other thing I note is the leaves have the appearance of a sheen or residue on them.  Could just be the pictures, but have you treated the leaves with anything?

Thank you for the input. I'll give it more time to develop before making a determination. I knew it was early if it was blackspot. I just don't want anything to spread around to any neighboring plants. I did have other plants that I'm pretty certain were infected. These marks looked different.

No treatments have been sprayed.

Back