• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

chinense Bad Experience with Carolina Reaper

So tonight... Was my second attempt at eating the dreaded Carolina Reaper. The first time ate it, I was fine. I mean, It was hot but the after effects were not as harsh. This time, I puked about 3 times. I was high off adrenaline the whole time so I hardly felt the burn. I couldn't breathe.... I panicked and thought I was going to need CPR or something. I just hope to God I don't get cap cramps later tonight. But I'm pretty sure I puked the pepper out so I might be in the clear (hopefully). I might post the video but have to do a lot of editing, since I really thought I was going to die. So just wanted to share my experience, maybe share you own  experience with hot peppers or the Reaper. 

DPW12315 said:
I'm actually only 16 lol. No beer yet!
Brave soul at 16. My 13 year old son is just as daring. His friend came over Sat to play hockey, and during a break they thought it would be fun to eat red raw Thai Black Dragon peppers. When I walked in the room, they were both chugging milk, and had tears running from their eyes. I just started laughing, and grabbed them some bread and butter. They both want to try my Carolina Reapers when they come in.

McGuiver said:
Brave soul at 16. My 13 year old son is just as daring. His friend came over Sat to play hockey, and during a break they thought it would be fun to eat red raw Thai Black Dragon peppers. When I walked in the room, they were both chugging milk, and had tears running from their eyes. I just started laughing, and grabbed them some bread and butter. They both want to try my Carolina Reapers when they come in.
You sound like an awesome dad! But I don't think you should let them try the Reapers. Maybe a little bite, but not a whole pod. I really felt like I had to go to the emergency room at some points. 

DPW12315 said:
You sound like an awesome dad! But I don't think you should let them try the Reapers. Maybe a little bite, but not a whole pod. I really felt like I had to go to the emergency room at some points.
I will let them try it, but will have butter milk or heavy cream on hand in the fridge. I also have Epi pens on hand if needed. Oh, and a bucket for the puke.

McGuiver said:
I will let them try it, but will have butter milk or heavy cream on hand in the fridge. I also have Epi pens on hand if needed. Oh, and a bucket for the puke.
Just have them be safe. And yeah, a bucket would be the best. I puked a total of 3 times. 

I have an unproven theory that your body develops a chemical memory like muscle memory... so that you may not experience such a "shock" in the future once you've gone through that...

Spicegeist said:
I have an unproven theory that your body develops a chemical memory like muscle memory... so that you may not experience such a "shock" in the future once you've gone through that...
Sounds about right. 

Back