• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Bag of Pain from Brian

Christmas morning was never this good! Thanks, Brian!

:dance: :dance: :dance: :hell: :dance: :dance: :dance:

BagOBhuts20Sep2011.jpg

Sweet!! Thats a nice looking bag of fire Gary!! :dance:
Brian really hooked you up!
Chiliheads truly are the best!!!!

Kevin

Thanks for all the response, guys! You're right, Kevin, chile heads are the best...I've hung around some other gardening forums a little, and none of them come close to the level of coolness of the THP members.

Jamie, I was waiting until I actually ate one of these things to try to decide what to do with them. This morning I did my big bowl of grits test, with one of the medium-sized pods chopped up and stirred in after the grits are done. Very nice! I don't know how to explain the aroma, but I've definitely smelled it before...I'm beginning to suspect maybe one of those really nice "fresh and fruity" microbrewed ales? I can't say for sure right now, because I can't bring the smell to mind as I type this a couple of hours later...Anyway, it didn't kill me—It was actually quite enjoyable—extremely potent, but a "friendly" heat maybe? Not so harshly punishing as a Scorpion.

I like to eat chiles fresh from the garden more than I do making sauce or pickles, so it's tempting to just eat them like that—chopped up in food. I'll try a few more before I know for sure, because the others may be hotter.

Wow Gary . You must have an iron stomach. I prefer smoking them or dried. They are a tasty pepper.But I have only had an Assam Bhut. Not sure how much difference in heat and taste. :mouthonfire:

Thanks, Jamie. To be honest, I use a fair amount of olive oil in my grits. Not only does it make them tastier, it seems to buffer some of the chile fire. The worst stomach burn I ever had was from Caribbean Red Habanero powder. I had to leave the restaurant and go lay underneath the car, with my face against the cool concrete. I thought I was going to die!

Now that you mention it, I do dry just about all of my Thai Chile, and whatever C. chinense I can't eat or give away fresh. I've not tried drying any C. baccatum yet, but I hear they make great powders.

Back