• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Bahamian Goat Pepper review

I think your misunderstanding what I'm saying. Im not familiar with this company. Never said they were bad, I'm just not going to chance this particular purchase on a company I don't kno. That's all. A member has already reached out with seed so I'm good either way, but in general I prefer tryin new strains through members, not websites, but that's just me I'm sure.

Old bump, Does anyone know the Scoville on these? Almost everywhere has them listed way below a habanero but by no means can that be true. I cut 70 + earlier and the cutting board was saturated in good old fashion light your face on fire capsaicin. 

I`d be interested in that as well. I`ve seen ratings as high as 500,000 SHU, but I cannot find a reputable source of information to confirm or deny it. 

Nigel said:
I`d be interested in that as well. I`ve seen ratings as high as 500,000 SHU, but I cannot find a reputable source of information to confirm or deny it. 
Me either and I have seen it as low as 80k - 120k. Mine were very hot, wish I had the coin and I'd send off some powder :)

Just received a couple of packets from Semillas. Thought they looked interesting so I added them to my order. Now I can't wait to taste them. Thanks Nigel for always being our human guinea pig. You really do give the best reviews.

JoynersHotPeppers said:
Me either and I have seen it as low as 80k - 120k. Mine were very hot, wish I had the coin and I'd send off some powder :)
I have always assumed that the ratings of 80-120K were for the Bahamian Bird pepper, not the Goat pepper. Most C.annuum "bird" peppers seem to be in the 50-120k range, hence my assumption. It is only an assumption, though. I`ve eaten goat peppers from 4 different sources this year and they were all in the upper levels of Scotch bonnet/Habanero heat. So just as you say Chris, HOT! 
SL3 said:
Just received a couple of packets from Semillas. Thought they looked interesting so I added them to my order. Now I can't wait to taste them. Thanks Nigel for always being our human guinea pig. You really do give the best reviews.
Thanks Man, appreciate the thoughts. I drive through Perris quite a few times every year, going to golf tournaments, plus I`m in Temecula a fair amount, too. You ever get down to North County San DIego?

I had some goats this week ,and they burnt me. I chucked 4 of them onto a pizza, and it was scorching. Not to be underestimated, but heat is lower- midrange, maybe similar to Maldivian Heart. Corny + Green bean taste to me.

Wow, everyone is different but I would never think corn or green beans. I think pure awesomeness. I've had a couple from a couple people this year too. All were hot somewhere about Choco hab level to my novice taste buds.

The ones I ate seemed to be in the 2-400k range.   Some were definitely hotter than others, but the mildest one was at least 200k.

Back