vendor Baker Creek

I ordered most of pepper and tomato seeds from Baker Creek, and I've been very happy with all but one. I posted a review indicating the poor germination rate (3 out of 25, with only 1 of those making it 2 weeks after germination) on their website, and they didn't post it. I asked why, and they said they don't post reviews mentioning bad germ rates.

Is it just me, or does that feel a little... Not... Cool?

newbiepepperguy said:

I considered this, but unlike Burpee, Baker Creek doesn't offer plants, right? If they did, I'd love to do that. But otherwise I'd have to pay Burpee to send plants that should have grown from seed from Baker Creek. Are you saying I should just count the loss and pay to do that, or that Baker Creek may have some way to send me a couple plants?

Cross Country Nurseries in New Jersey makes a business of shipping plants, and I've heard zero complaints from people buying them. A couple of years back a few of us chipped in to buy some superhots from them for a THP member who was coming back from a deployment in Iraq too late to start seeds for that season. He got them all in and they grew perfectly. http://www.chileplants.com/

hope this helps

WillyPete said:

They must have a bad batch of Thai seeds. I had one out of 24 germinate. All the other seeds I purchased from them had a 100% germintation rate.

Glad to know I'm not going crazy. haha

On a happier note, the 1 Thai plant I have that actually made it is thriving. It's flowering like crazy while still in a 4" pot under lights inside. It's even throwing out nodes that are trying to flower all up and down the plant. Assuming nothing goes terribly wrong, I'd be shocked if I don't get well over 100 peppers from it by the end of the season.

Back