• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Baker's Peppers. Enough already

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I'm starting to sound like a broken record, but I sincerely believe Dale thinks we're really and truly gullible and stupid enough to fall for stuff like this. This ad is typical schoolyard bullying tricks, stealing money from others to pay someone else back. It also looks like a thinly veiled pyramid scheme to me on Dale's part...

"Consider it PAID Dave.....its up to the people of the world now!!"

Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. Dale sinks to a new low. Shifts the blame to the members. Members that would never even think to buy a pod from him. So he thinks he's off the hook with this shady ass ad.

Ya know, maybe the members are right. Maybe you should be banned.

The Hot Pepper said:

Well, this ad is what sparked my initial question of why he is still here.  But of course it's your call, I just know I will do my part to steer as much business as I can away from him.  Probably should put up a Facebook review, since I have actually purchased pods from him, and I still have some in the fridge.

The Hot Pepper said:

Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. Dale sinks to a new low. Shifts the blame to the members. Members that would never even think to buy a pod from him. So he thinks he's off the hook with this shady ass ad.

That ad sums up what I was trying to say earlier, THP, since an ad like that is unbecoming of someone on this forum...

The Hot Pepper said:

Even if you don't ban him, it does seem like there ought to be some sort of reprimand for using the professional ad space purely to insult the community, singling out an individual member, and making defaming accusations towards the other vendors/paying members of the site. That he offered up a spiteful sale code is overshadowed by the long-winded write-up that is nothing to do with business (contrary to his closing statements in the ad) and altogether to do with personal attacks.

I personally don't feel that insults, accusations and threats towards other members are a commodity that relates to peppers, so they ought not be up in the classified sections. Keep it professional. *nod*

Guns_N_Pods said:
Are Facebook reviews of businesses able to be deleted by the business owner?  I have actually never wrote a review on FB so have no idea.
They can be. In fact, I've seen Dale delete comments even slightly critical of him on Facebook

Nope you can't remove reviews on FB, you can only respond. Imagine if you could everyone would have 5 stars. You can report them if they are trolling reviews.

The Hot Pepper said:
Nope you can't remove reviews on FB, you can only respond. Imagine if you could everyone would have 5 stars. You can report them if they are trolling reviews.
Sorry, I confused reviews with comments. THP is right, reviews can't be, but comments can

elcap1999 said:
They can be. In fact, I've seen Dale delete comments even slightly critical of him on Facebook
Well I am going to write an actual review on his business, not just post a comment to his page, because I know he can delete comments.

The Hot Pepper said:
Thanks for the info.  Unfortunately for Dale, I am an actual customer, and I am actually pissed off.

A business cannot delete the reviews they receive. It's like Yelp. It's not the same as a FB post. Talking reviews here.

Some vendors get pissed at bad reviews and disable the review function.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back