• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Bakers peppers identification

Ordered a box of mixed peppers from bakerspeppers and they finally came. (after about 5 days, so much for 2 day shipping.) 

And i opened the box.. and i have no clue what ones i got.  can You guys help me identify them? He hooked me up too i expected only like 20-30 and i got 48 PEPPERS. 

6boQA0L.jpg

e7I3bWG.jpg

dTlkPoP.jpg

3CQVDdV.jpg

Pe9zHaH.jpg

zsWBilt.jpg

Ccwxxhg.jpg

i sorted them all by what i think are the same kind, but if there are different types of peppers in one picture let me know. thanks <3 

Now, I know this happens ALL the time with bell peppers, but i just cut open a chocolate something, and found a baby pepper inside of it! Not sure how common this is with superhots, but heres a pic :D
4ulvVmy.jpg

Lucky you. I read a few posts last fall about this and thought that it was cool. Then at the end of my run I had a Moruga Scorpion with one. Only difference between you and me is that I cut both in half together without knowing.

Synastral - as I'm reading though all of the posts in your thread, I kept looking for two little words that should have been the first of your post to King Denniz. None were found to him. He was the first to 'rescue' your predicament.

"My peppers arrived in the mail today! Was very surprised when a few fresh pods came out of the package. Those were my first to try and they were very good. They didn't have a label on them, neither did 2 others(well one did, but it had XOXO on it ) Judging from what Mike is sending me they look like either aji lemondrops or aji pineapple but i'd just like a confirmation on them as well as the other two? "

Where is the THANK YOU?? You may have started another thread to say what a great guy he is, but you failed to win any chance of my sharing.

. . . . . . . . . . . .
A year ago this month I was too kind to a now-banned person and gave him all of my fresh peppers and most of my seed to help remedy a predicament. It was a true wake up call. Wicked Mike and beerbreath shared their seeds with me to help with the 2015 grow.

I'm hoping this opportunity will be your wake up call to THANK EVERYONE before you decide to criticize what someone has given to you - their time, their talent, their devotion to gardening, and their wonderful produce.

Time to get off the soapbox. Thanks for listening.

I kinda understand the post or posts about this one getting sidetracked.

BUT I think since a LOT of us have been around for at least a little while,we post like a bunch of people sitting around shooting the bull.
Posts get into several related subjects.
I see that as long as whatever train of thought brought people to said post,unless it is totally out to lunch or a troll,Evolution can be cool.
Ya,you can bring the subject to the Vendors forum or start a chat or whatever.
Kinda anal I think,AS long as the post evolves into a steam or whatever.

Actually I was semi supprised at first that it didn't turn into a mostly a total attack the Vendor.

Maybe I selectively remember certain posts,I don't know.

But I saw a post that in general just tried to help a guy out EVEN though some were I Told Ya So posts because the guy didn't go to the Vendors section before ordering...or?

I see a LOT less mud being slung than I expected at the Vendor in this post.

I don't know the guy who started this post,I do see the need for the person to do what all kinds of people have been reminding me of over several years-There is no way for some people to see the spirit of which your post was meant to mean.

No tone of voice etc.

I'm pretty blunt in my posts at times and come off as an asshole to some people.

Sometimes what I wrote wasn't what I meant that you read.

I'm blunt at times and can sound like an asshole.

Usually it might take a PM or whatever to the person I pissed off to understand each other.
What I was trying to post or?

Things on the net are what they are.

Some people put a LOT of value on Likes etc.

I've got too little time in my life to go even near that life style.

Now I want to talk about peppers,reloading,smoking foods and fishing,I got the time. LOL

I see this post as going full circle as far as THP usually goes in general.
THP stops the crap most times before it gets out of hand.

smokemaster said:
I kinda understand the post or posts about this one getting sidetracked.

BUT I think since a LOT of us have been around for at least a little while,we post like a bunch of people sitting around shooting the bull.
Posts get into several related subjects.
I see that as long as whatever train of thought brought people to said post,unless it is totally out to lunch or a troll,Evolution can be cool.
Ya,you can bring the subject to the Vendors forum or start a chat or whatever.
Kinda anal I think,AS long as the post evolves into a steam or whatever.

Actually I was semi supprised at first that it didn't turn into a mostly a total attack the Vendor.

Maybe I selectively remember certain posts,I don't know.

But I saw a post that in general just tried to help a guy out EVEN though some were I Told Ya So posts because the guy didn't go to the Vendors section before ordering...or?

I see a LOT less mud being slung than I expected at the Vendor in this post.

I don't know the guy who started this post,I do see the need for the person to do what all kinds of people have been reminding me of over several years-There is no way for some people to see the spirit of which your post was meant to mean.

No tone of voice etc.

I'm pretty blunt in my posts at times and come off as an asshole to some people.

Sometimes what I wrote wasn't what I meant that you read.

I'm blunt at times and can sound like an asshole.

Usually it might take a PM or whatever to the person I pissed off to understand each other.
What I was trying to post or?

Things on the net are what they are.

Some people put a LOT of value on Likes etc.

I've got too little time in my life to go even near that life style.

Now I want to talk about peppers,reloading,smoking foods and fishing,I got the time. LOL

I see this post as going full circle as far as THP usually goes in general.
THP stops the crap most times before it gets out of hand.
I want to say, I'm glad you got the time. I had no clue who you were (still don't, really), but I saw some old posts where you offered seed and asked you if the offer still stood. You most kindly said yes and sent them to me. I knew something was going on health wise, but had no idea of what you were going through. I wouldn't have bothered you if I had known. So thank you for your kindness, especially since you had enough to deal with.

I think most people here are kind. It is easy to get frustrated though. I think everyone here would have been a bit more gentle, if they knew from the beginning the OP was 17. Taken it as more of a teaching moment than a yelling moment. It is hard to back down from that yelling point. Been there, didn't do it, regret it.

I agree that there have been few attacks on the vendor. Kinda surprised me too actually. Maybe it as gotten to the point of the whole topic makes us weary. 

This thread as been rambling and I do so enjoy a good ramble. The boss man hasn't cut us off, or even indicated that it was time to get back to the main road, so it must be alright.

I'm addicted to spreading the heat.
Health problems or not,it's what I like to do.
I have to say.they were right when I went through Chemo,a good mental attitude helps out a lot.

If nothing else,IF Cancer wins,I still beat it by spreading the heat.

Scotch Bonnet Steve and Beth(Peppermania) are gone,but were good friends of mine over the years.
All we can do is spread the heat in their name,
I miss them a LOT!

This season I'm growing almost only seeds Steve and Beth gave me,
I hope to be4 able to spread the seeds I grow around next year.
A lot of their stuff is crossed up and not what they grew.
Steve's Demon Habanero isn't stable but none of the seeds I've seen are nothing like his seeds grow for me.

I'm sorry to read about the few users that sell stuff to people at times,they are far from the norm.

Hope your seeds grow true and give you lots of pods.

catherinew said:
Synastral - as I'm reading though all of the posts in your thread, I kept looking for two little words that should have been the first of your post to King Denniz. None were found to him. He was the first to 'rescue' your predicament.

"My peppers arrived in the mail today! Was very surprised when a few fresh pods came out of the package. Those were my first to try and they were very good. They didn't have a label on them, neither did 2 others(well one did, but it had XOXO on it ) Judging from what Mike is sending me they look like either aji lemondrops or aji pineapple but i'd just like a confirmation on them as well as the other two? "

Where is the THANK YOU?? You may have started another thread to say what a great guy he is, but you failed to win any chance of my sharing.

. . . . . . . . . . . .
A year ago this month I was too kind to a now-banned person and gave him all of my fresh peppers and most of my seed to help remedy a predicament. It was a true wake up call. Wicked Mike and beerbreath shared their seeds with me to help with the 2015 grow.

I'm hoping this opportunity will be your wake up call to THANK EVERYONE before you decide to criticize what someone has given to you - their time, their talent, their devotion to gardening, and their wonderful produce.

Time to get off the soapbox. Thanks for listening.
I made a forum post about it, messaged them, and posted it about it here. ITT i didn't necessarily THANK DeNNiZ but the way i worded it i thought was enough to show that i was grateful for what i recieved and was really excited to finally get them.  The only person i criticized was bakers. 

I'm sorry you got taken advantage of and i'm glad Mike was able to help you out too. he truly is an awesome guy. :)

Wicked Mike – You have an absolutely beautiful product.  Curious: do you wax?  If not, Synastral is an absolutely amazing photographer.  Those puppies shine.

Synastral – Someone that you do not know sent you a mystery powder that you could not identify and you put it in your mouth?  Please, please for your own good, stay off Craigslist.com

Before joining THP, saw FBI video that recommended Baker’s Peppers.  Being in the same business, I started watching his site because it is smart to watch successful people & figure out how they do things.  I was big time confused because his peppers have been marked as sold out every time I look.

Not there every day or anything that obsessive, but in the months that I have been looking I have never seen any of his fresh peppers in stock.  You must have amazing timing and he must sell peppers as fast as he lists them, which after joining THP confuses me as I find it hard to believe he is even in still in business for the crap people write about him

Everyone else:
What in the hell are those worms?  I am organic and I hardly ever get things like that.  I use chicken and duck for pest control; they do not get to the tops.  If I have a problem, I boil hot peppers in water and use that water in a spray to detour pests but they are usually on the greens, not on the peppers.

Does Florida have some sort of capsicum loving super worm going on?  Seriously, never seen an infestation like that.  Not on hot peppers.  Have had tomato go that way, pig loved them.

Hey wait, this threat turned in to crazy meme time.

dontjudge.jpg

ajdrew said:

What in the hell are those worms?  I am organic and I hardly ever get things like that.  I use chicken and duck for pest control; they do not get to the tops.  If I have a problem, I boil hot peppers in water and use that water in a spray to detour pests but they are usually on the greens, not on the peppers.

Does Florida have some sort of capsicum loving super worm going on?  Seriously, never seen an infestation like that.  Not on hot peppers.  Have had tomato go that way, pig loved them.
I researched as best i could. Those worms may have been corn borers. They're bad, but...
... worse yet, they could be Pepper Weevils. Smokemaster gave the best advice: exterminate these at all costs. Dunk infested fruit in boiling water, pitch them into the middle of a fire, seal them in a plastic bag with a dash of isopropanol... or take 'em to Mordor and throw them into a volcano, for crying out loud, but make certain they are dead.
We had one outbreak in Canada, in a British Columbia greenhouse, in the 1990s, and relevant agricultural bulletins are still talking about it.

A pig farmer once told me that two human food items i was not allowed to give to his pigs were citrus fruit and peppers --even sweet (non-pungent) bell peppers. I don't remember if that was because pigs are phobic of them, or whether these items are outright toxic to them (just as raisins and chocolate harm dogs).
I doubt ANY livestock mammals can be induced to eat hot peppers. Chickens -- actually, many birds -- will probably eat maggot-infested peppers... Especially the maggots! (Birds lack the nerve-receptor that makes capsaicinoids so hurtful to mammals... apparently, a Carolina Reaper is just a hollow, gnarly-looking berry-fruit for them).
However, it is imperative that you ensure those vermin are dead. Scald with boiling water, then feed to poultry, just to be sure.

Yes. Very likely. Heat is a more certain method, but i think that should work. Hell, between the two of us, we've sentenced them to death by fire, by poison, by savage beasts (wellll... chickens, anyway), and by freezing.
Most of my previous post was an attempt to answer A. J. Drew.

I'd guess that i sound a little paranoid about pests...I've worked in a couple of commercial greenhouses years ago. The, uh, 'witch-hunt' mentality (almost literally) that i'm manifesting towards those bugs isn't quite as mad-dog crazy as it sounds. I had one employer at one greenhouse that was more casual about bugs. He went broke.

Can't wait to hear how your growing season goes. May you have lotsa peppers -- and no #%$/&€¥ bugs!!

Mkeg, thank you.  Have heard horror stories, but for the most part I have been blessed with not experiencing them first hand.  Worst thing yet was an indoor aphid infestation when I was away so couldnt notice.  Once they get going, it can be a challenge to remain organic.

Synastril, my parents told me not to take candy from strangers.  Sure he is a fine person but how would a 17 year old new user know that?  This here is the Internet.  Theres tales about this sort of thing going horribly wrong.

Back