• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Basic Potting Up

I figured this would be helpful to some folks, I took these shots while I was potting up some 7s(Barrockpores) Sorry bout the focus on some of the shots I was just a little drunk(Joke).

When your pots show a few roots on the bottom its soon time to repot them
IMG_0114.jpg

If your plants are wet let the them dry out for a few days.

Make sure your new potting soil is moist but not wet. you can use dry soil, though I would recommend a bottom soaking after you pot em, at least for a few minutes.

Put some soil in your new pot, place the old in to insure you have the level correct, you don't want your plants base sticking up above the rim of the new pot.
IMG_0106.jpg

While holding the old pot supporting you plant stem between your fingers, gently squeeze the sides of the pot barely pushing in the sides.
IMG_0109.jpg

Still supporting the plant turn it upside down, keep support at the stem and gentle slide the old pot off the root ball, this may require some gentle squeezing and some help from gravity. As the pot slides off keep your support hand under the root ball, be gentle. If the rootball is really tight some people will gently loosen up the sides of the ball to encourage new growth. See our Bunny bottom right thats Roger Rabbit he loves veggies especially fresh cut pepper leaves!!!
IMG_0116.jpg

Gently place the rootball into the center of your new pot, fill one side with loose new soil, then tilt the pot resting the ball on the filled side then fill the other. I gently tap the sides of the pot to settle everything and remove any large air pockets. Top off your pot and tap again.
IMG_0118.jpg
IMG_0121.jpg
IMG_0123.jpg

My larger pots sometime require 2 people especially if the plants are tall.

If this helps one person I succeeded. GL

Nice presentation! Definitely a good how-to on repotting, which I may end up doing into my 3-gallon root bags in about a month or so :)

Your plants got way bigger in cups than mine did. I've still got some on my table, in front of the window, that never got beyond 2 sets of leaves.

Seeing yours, I suspect that has more to do with me than the cups.

Wow in all the plants ive started in solo cups ive never once pulled off what you did. the extraction was well played! 10/10

Mine always crumble apart

Back