• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce BDamian's Raspberry Hananero Hot Sauce

Baby Damian's Raspberry Hananero Hot Sauce

This is a sweet hot sauce that goes well on anything you want to spice up and add heat to. I just finished a bowl of Oreo ice cream with at least 2 tablespoons of this poured in. I still feel a burn, but I really enjoyed the flavor. I think I like this the same way I like Kato's candy bars. ( The owner's wife is hooked on those candy bars). The Raspberry flavor is the dominant flavor here. It finishes well, with taste and heat lingering for a good while
I tried this on fish sticks yesterday and found it to my taste. I think this will go on any seafood. Personally, I would like it hotter than it is, but mainstream heat heads will like it. It's starting to show up in stores all over the area.

Made here in Va, by Flynn's Foods.

A really impressive list of ingredients. I don't notice the vinegar but do notice the sugars and honey along with the peppers, of course.

Ingredients: Raspberrys, Raspberry Vinegar, Jalepeno Peppers, Syrups, Corn, Light Suger, Brown, Tomato Paste, Onions, Cider Vinegar, Honey, Chili Peppers, Red Pepper Powder, Habanero Peppers, Paprika, Sugar, Cornstarch, Black Pepper, Crushed Red Pepper.

tinner666 said:
Ingredients:Light Suger, Brown, Tomato Paste, ...
Ok, what the hell is "light sugar"? Is that a sugar substiute?

It's good to know that people still use the color "Brown" as a ingredient...:mouthonfire:

I do need to talk to some of these people about their labels. Some lately resemble the spam e-mails with all their misspellings. That's twice lately I decided to just type what I read instead of interperting.
The sauce does taste good though. I need to practice writing these reports. I think all that Final Answer I've been tasting lately has cooked my taste-buds. I can toothpick it and just walk away without antidote now.

I prefer label's like Kato's Down South: "Scotch Bonnet Peppers, Carrots, and Vinegar. All Natural"

imaguitargod said:
Ok, what the hell is "light sugar"? Is that a sugar substiute?

It's good to know that people still use the color "Brown" as a ingredient...:shocked:

Wonder if that's the same "brown" that Willard3 uses?!?!? :shocked:

And to think, my thought reading the ingredients was: "Why do people insist on putting VINEGAR into their sauces???"

Nevermind, I know the answer. Sigh.

As for labels... We pay our kids $1 for every error they find on our labels... The offer is open to all comers. Of course, the $1 I pay out will be in product for non-family.

T

Back