shipping Be aware: when shipping with flat rate padded envelopes, you must choose 'padded'

I always chose Flat Rate padded envelope when shipping boxes with 1 - 4 bottles because they fit well and cost me $5.70, a savings I can pass on to the customer

But a few times last week I shipped things out and the clerk rang them up as "Flat Rate envelopes" - which were slightly less expensive, but when the packages arrived, they withheld them from the customer demanding the difference in cost.  Something 2 people called me on, and we settled it.  But the others may not have been as forgiving.

Make sure if you use PayPal, USPS online or even the Post Office in person, ensure you are paying the "Flat Rate PADDED Envelope" rate!  The Clerk didn't realize this and it could have had some impact on repeat sales.

Another tip to save on shipping with your online sales. Use this API and hook it up to your website using a plugin if possible: EasyPost.com We started using them and a padded envelope cost $5.35 per label. They pass the upper level commercial prices on to you. Each label through them will cost you .5¢ but you still save .30¢ by going through their service and a bunch of time not having to manually enter address information into Click and Ship or other online services.

Back