• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Beaglestorm (and friends) vs. The Black Naga (3rd review of 3)

Wow that was fun. First off, a thousand thanks to Jacob for helping to bring some friends together to enjoy some extreme eating. Also to SY for relaxing me with his video of the Black Naga not being that hot, and to naganumbness for waiting to post his video of how freaking hot it really is if you eat the whole pod at once till after I tasted mine.

It went well for my 1st potentially super hot chile. Ate a 1/4 piece of the Black Naga from tip to stem with a little of everything that it had to offer. It tasted nice (very neutral or earthy as it has been described) with just a subtle hint of fruitiness and a good slow building burn. It was hot but not overwhelming and subsided in just a few minutes. My friend also enjoyed it. Our only other previous hot chile experience was with Orange and Red Habaneros. Both of us thought that this tasted much much better. Or maybe it is more that I really don’t like the taste of habs. To me they have a little hint of chemical flavor which may just be the signature hab flavor that people always reference. I am really looking forward to trying a top shelf habanero like a St. Barts or an Antilles Caribbean to see if I like those better. Anyways, here are some other thoughts. The pod almost looked fake. It was dense and felt like it was made of plastic. It did not really have a strong odor when I sliced it open. It chewed up well being fairly thin skinned. I think this would be great to add heat to a dish with out drastically altering the flavor. Oh and thanks Ryan for wearing a glove in your videos. I almost did not do it but I am so glad I did. (I placed my order for a big box of real gloves this evening on Amazon)

There is a really funny side story to the video I think you will enjoy it when you see I mean hear it. The video will be up tomorrow. I have to download it off an old DV camcorder and need my computer at work to do it. Final thoughts… I wish I had eaten more of the chile to see if it got as hot as naganumbness found it to be. (Although with me finding the black naga not that hot, I am now ridiculously overconfident to try the Seven Pod Primo tomorrow. (Was that your plan Jacob? ) Lets see what happens… Hopefully after tomorrow, I will still be excited to try the scorpion on Saturday.

Beaglestorm

great review can't wait to see the video! a funny thing about the othe peppers he sent, he sent me 7pod jonah and douglah as well as a red scorpion or scorp mix not sure but it looks cool. anyway the black naga was hot with a delayed reaction but lasnight i did the jonah.OH MY GOD!!! that was my first 7pod and it demolished my butt!! that was hotter than red bhut no doubt! it killed me. that vid is on youtube, nagacanario eats 7pod jonah if you want to see me suffer real bad. anyway hope to see your video soon and you gotta test the other pods he sent you. you will be shocked! take care dude.

Downloaded video from Camcorder and tried to upload it to Youtube. It said it would take 600 minutes. So I am converting it to a much smaller file. Should be ready in a hour or so.

Edit:

Maybe not! Man converting video is slow! Only 42% done after an hour. 77%... I think my pods are ripening faster than this is going.

Great review. There seems to be some variation in the heat on these. My condolences to your friends wife, but I laughed my ass off on that one. About as funny as last year when I gave a friend of mine at work a Bhut to try. He instantly tried to spit out his tongue. When that didn't work, he started scratching at it trying to get the heat off. Needless to say, I laughed.

Hope you like the others.
jacob

Definitely sounds like everyone has different opinions on this one. I might have to try it out some time and again as others have said, no offence or anything but I couldn't stop laughing my ass off. I almost fell out of my seat.

great video! the screaming lady was so funny! it's not as hot as red bhut but it's hot. it's funny how we all had different reactions to it. when i did the jonah that jacob sent the following night i realized where the black naga was on the scale. the only other thing i had to go on this year was the red savina a few weeks ago.anyway good to see a video and put a face behind a name. take care.

Back