• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

video BeagleStorm and Friends vs. The Dorset Naga - A Video Review

Warning: Bad language (Just two words.)

I liked this chile a lot. Similar to the Black Naga but much hotter. This had a little more velvety texture, a medium seed count and a lot more placenta. The flesh was slightly thicker and juicier. Not a lot of aroma when cut open, but what aroma it did have was sweet and sour (The pepper actually looked a little damaged from the heat. It was a little brown inside and that may have accounted for the sour smell. I will have to try this one again) with a slight chemical overtone. It really smelled hot. The taste was earthy and slightly fruity and you could almost feel the oil oozing from the pepper as you chewed it. Burn was great. 2nd behind the 7 Pod Primo. It was an overall great mouth burn for me. Very light burn in the throat which is why I liked it so much. I prefer the mouth burn to the torch in the throat that the primo gave me. Thinking about it, this was 2nd in hotness but still quite a bit less than the primo. The primo hit me everywhere with a hard burn. The Dorset was mostly tongue and roof of the mouth. I had very minor stomach pain, almost not worth mentioning. This is also a nice size and from what Judy says about her Dorsets very prolific (60 pods on one plant) I definitely am looking forward to comparing it to a Naga Morich that I am growing. No pods yet but flowering like crazy. Up next is the Chocolate Bhut Jolokia.

i agree with ajarn, your friend is a great guy to have around during the reviews.

he took it in stride. i was surprised he took those hot peppers real well.

i pretty much got a few of my classmates try out the peppers nova sent me (dried) and they took it real well as well.

good review as always.

awsome review!!! the guy with you got burned up good! i should be doing that one friday. looks painful.i remember the way neil reacted to it. great stuff.

You guys play well together, you two should do this together all the time. I can see a Vegas act in your future. Great review guys.

Like the review. Always nice to add a buddy to share in the fun. I can't find willing participants in the apparent masochistic hobby that is eating hot peppers.

Earthy is a good description to the flavor. Lacked the fruitiness I was expecting in my tasting. And I agree, it was quite oily when eating.

Oh, and the language was definitely cleaner than the way my taste tests go! lol.

Back