• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

video BeagleStorm vs. The 7 Pot SR Strain - A Video Review

Wow that was awesome. These sevens definitely seem much hotter than Bhut Jolokia’s and Naga’s. I had intended to do a T. Scorpion Moruga Blend but when I cut it open, it was brown and not very appetizing. I don’t know what it is about these TS Moruga blends. This is the second time Jacob has kindly tried to send me one and both have suffer the same fate. Every other chile he sent came through perfect. So we lost the Scorpion… but Luckily Jacob sent me an amazing selection of chiles to try so to keep in tune with the theme of the day I selected one of the other SuperHot’s that he sent. An evil looking 7 Pot SR. This looks exactly like the BrainStrain’s I have seen here on THP. Never actually held a Brain in my hand but from the pictures they look very similar. Pods are awesome. Great shape, very bumpy and dense. They look like they are made of plastic and like I said in the video, they look like they would have a very long shelf life once picked. Pod size is a good medium-small. I was considering just doing the whole Scorpion because it was nice and small, when I switched to the 7 Pot it was quite a bit bigger and I lost that desire rather quickly.

As soon as I sliced the chile open I could smell it. Very fruity with a capsicum odor but not chemical smelling. Skin is medium thin just like the Chocolate Bhut. It chewed up nicely. Walls of the inside were very moist and shiny, lots of oil. Looking closely, a white placenta covers pretty much the entire inside surface of the skin plus it has the placenta seed cluster. Taste was very nice. I really liked it. Similar to the Primo but with out the chemical aftertaste. Quite fruity and fresh. I will try and update this after I try the Harold St. Bart’s and Devils tongue. Those are supposed to be very fruity and tasty and I will have a better reference point for what fruity and aromatic is once I try those. Heat hit almost immediately maybe 15 seconds or so. Blowtorch in the throat sparked up around 30-40 seconds. This was much hotter than the Chocolate Bhut and the Naga’s and I was uncomfortable for several minutes. Then again, it may just be because I am very unaccustomed to a throat burn. This had much lees roof of the mouth and tongue burn compared to the Naga’s. For me it is much easier to handle a mouth burn.

My stomach was ok with this chile. I had about two minutes where I could really feel it in my gut with a very warm burn. But considering how hot it was I am very surprised it did not cause more discomfort. For now this would be my second favorite chile behind the Chocolate Bhut. If it did not have the wicked throat burn, I think It would be my favorite. Thanks again Jacob!

7Pot-SRStraininside.jpg

You need to get a smaller knive. :lol: Yeah, I would not eat a pepper if it is brown inside. Very nice review.

You sure know how to handle your 7 Pots and barely blink an eye. All of these superhots you speak of in this video except the primo come from the same source, so all are very similiar. I have grown the T. Scorpion Mourga Blend and it was not soft but very solid blocky hot peppers. Last night I took a bag of Nagas to a party and found a few takers including myself, I teared up pretty good laughing at a few friends hurling off the back porch. How all of you video reviewers just sit still in front of a camera still boggles me. Won't get any hotter than a 7 Pot, you needed to rub the other half in your eyes next time. :hell:

Great review. You handled that like a pro. Not sure what is going on with the Marouga blends. The plants look healthy, no visible damage to the pods, but they are getting moldy real fast. That was only off the plant like 3 days. I sent you the last 2 that came off the plant. I have another ripening now, so when it is ready, I will cut it up and see if it is the same.

Anyways, I hope you enjoy the other peppers I sent you.
jacob

great review micheal! i think your becoming immune! jacob has some fantastic strains. silver surfers package just got here!!!! along with 3 nasty looking doughlahs he sent naga morich , a yellow pepper that looks like a naga, 2 lemon drops , 2 small yellow hab types and these gigantic red booet shaped things. i think we both will have 3rd degree burns by the end of next week. keep on truckin!

Thanks for all great comments. This one has been giving me subtle reminders all day of its status as one of the hottest chiles around. Kudos to everyone that has eaten a whole pod. I'm glad I did not do it. I am ready to try some milder extra tasty chiles tonight. Then maybe the Brown 7 on Sunday.

Wasatch, the large knife is to let the Chiles know who the boss is. (It did not really work in this particular case) Pappy and PRF somehow the small Scorpion was not worrying me. When I had to switch to the 7 Pot SR I was screaming bloody murder on the inside. Ed I think we have to promise each other that we will grow chiles next year no matter what. After eating 20 or 25 chiles in just a few weeks I many never want another one… Judy and MichiganMomma thanks for the kind words this one definitely caught me off guard. Sean … No way in hell I am trying that! Jacob, I could not have hand picked a better combination of chiles to try. You have great taste!

Ah crap. Now I gotta find room in my garden plans to grow this type next season now.

Nice review. That one seemed to put the hurt on a little.

Good job man! yeah those 7's hurt. But you take it quite well. I have half of what you have and thats enough pain for me. Good review!

Back