BeagleStorm vs. The Aji Limon and Inca Drop Chiles

Aji Limon – This is the flavor I was hoping for when I tried the Lemon Drop. I also was thinking this was the same as Limon which I now know is a c. chinense (not a C. Baccatum like this one) and is a different hotter chile. So I am still really excited to try that one if my plant ever flowers and fruits. This Aji Limon was very nice. Small to medium sized lemon yellow pointed pods. Lots’o seeds and a very thin skin. Not a lot of aroma just a light citrus and a surprising very mild habanero scent. Flavor was very nice. A mellow citrus with a hint of lemon-lime (hard to tell which one) very nice balance to the flavor. I don’t think I would snack on these to often but they would go nice with some food or in a fresh salsa. Heat was pretty tame, but I would still say medium heat, especially since I did not get a lot of placenta because it was really intermixed with all the tiny seeds that I did not want to eat. This would definitely be on my “If I have space to grow” list.

Inca Drop – This was really delicious! I was impressed particularly because it is a C. Baccatum of which all up to this point have been pretty Blahh. Very nice shape, hard and dense. It has a rich deep red color and a medium-large amount of seeds. Cutting it open had no aroma, smelling it yields a nice fruity and sweet slightly poddy bouquet. Nice thick skin with a very juicy crunch to it. Flavor was pretty intense. There was a rush of flavor the first time I crunched it. It was very hard to describe but it was nice and the flavor just kept coming. After a few chews it settled down and I was tasting kind of a plum and green grape flavor. Really cool. First piece had no placenta and no heat, second piece had the small placenta and had a nice sharp medium tongue burn for a minute or so then mellowed out with a nice overall light mouth burn. As of today, this would be at the very top of my “If I have space to grow” list.

Thanks Buddy! The first two peppers I tried that you sent me are winners!

great reviews michael! aji limon is great. i got some sent to me in 2008. we took them to the sushi bar and the guy cut them real thin. he made 3 different rolls with them. they were so awsome. the only other baccatum i've had was aji christal. contour sent me that one.it was real good. you've got me curious about inca drop. never heard of it or seen it. no room for it next year though. maybe in the future. if you get and oppertunity to do the scorpion please be careful. just do a small piece first. you were saying half lastnight but maybe go smaller at first.they are the worst of the worst! the stomach pain is through the roof.just telling you this as a friend. i wouldn't want you to go through what i did all last night. after i responded to your message lastnight i thought i was going to the hospital. it was the most horrible stomach pain ever. awsome review though!

Back