• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

video BeagleStorm vs. The Devil's Tongue Chile - A Video Review

This is a chile that I have wanted to taste for a long time. I have read that it has a very nice flavor and nice producer. The yellow pod definitely looks great. Undulating and wavy it could be construed as a tongue very easily. In the video I said it was smaller than I thought it would be. I am used to green chiles so all these C.chinense seem small to me. Checking online most DT are 2 to 3 inches long so this one at 2 ½ inches is pretty big. It has a nice solid feel to it. Looks like it would have a good shelf life with its medium-thin skin. It’s pretty meaty and juicy and it would make a nice fresh salsa or sauce. Sliced open it had just a small bit of aroma. Mostly capsicum and a hint of fruit. This pod had very little placenta. It looked almost like a green chile with think veins running down its length and just a very few seeds in the top half of the pod. Flavor was very nice neutral with a slightly fruity… mildly sweet maybe apricot flavor. Heat seemed like it was going to be really good but it never fully developed. It gave me a nice burn in the bottom back of my tongue and lips. I think two weeks of eating super hots has skewed my ability to really rate the heat. I know my Wife would be very uncomfortable eating this chile. This is definitely one of my favorites now. I can see growing this. I will update this after I have had a few more tasty non super hots. Great choice Jacob.. Thanks.

Back