• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

chinense BeagleStorm vs. The Douglah x Scorpion Cross #2 Chile

This is my favorite Douglah Cross so far. I have tried 1 brown and 3 reds including this one so far this season. This one is very similar to the others but it had a few things that set it apart. First, I love the shape. Second, the texture is thicker and a bit more velvety like a scorpion, the others are more plastic like a 7 pot. You can see in the picture they look more smooth and shiny like a scorpion. I think I tolerate the Scorpion capsinoids better than the 7's. Having said that, It did not seem quite as hot as the brown cross or Hot Poopers Butch T x Douglah but the burn was unique and more like a scorpion. It made me light headed and attacked my mouth more than my throat. Tongue was numb and I had that feeling like I burned it with hot soup the whole next day. I could still taste fine but it was muted. Like I said they are all very similar, I would be happy with any of them. As far as I know they are all unstable so next season any of them could produce something different that is better than this one. But given the choice, I would probably start with this one. Thanks SS this was a great surprise!

2011-10-07_01-27-32_715.jpg

2011-10-07_01-26-31_68.jpg
2011-10-07_01-34-14_914.jpg

You rock good sir!

Having had my first experience with a TS only yesterday, I can (still) feel your pain!

The oily sheen on the placenta in that little beggar is something to behold.

Bravo.

Yet another great review. I tried Chads Douglah X last night and it was pretty rough. Do you find the crosses hotter than the original? Also have their taste been similar across the board? Brians original was actually good tasting while Chads was pretty bad. Just curious since you have had plenty. Looking forward to more vids.

You rock good sir!

Having had my first experience with a TS only yesterday, I can (still) feel your pain!

The oily sheen on the placenta in that little beggar is something to behold.

Bravo.
Thanks for watching Rooze, Yea, the TS really hit my stomach hard if I don't prepare properly.

Yet another great review. I tried Chads Douglah X last night and it was pretty rough. Do you find the crosses hotter than the original? Also have their taste been similar across the board? Brians original was actually good tasting while Chads was pretty bad. Just curious since you have had plenty. Looking forward to more vids.
Thanks, Matt. In the heat department, the Red Douglah crosses have been about the same or less. The Brown cross I tried might have been a bit hotter but it is so hard to tell at that level of heat. Flavor wise, they all taste like either a 7 or a scorpion. I would not say any of the ones I have tried were great tasting. This most recent was the best over all taking several factors into consideration but still did not taste that good. I do think it could be a nice base for a sauce though.

Michael oh how you suffer for your hobby. Thank you for sharing it with us.

I absolutely love the appearance of these. The "flower" look when looking at the bottom and the color. The color is the thing that puts it over the top for me.

Michael oh how you suffer for your hobby. Thank you for sharing it with us.

I absolutely love the appearance of these. The "flower" look when looking at the bottom and the color. The color is the thing that puts it over the top for me.

Thanks Patrick! I have a friend whose hobby is running. Now that is what I call suffering! I'll take a Butch T and a Jeep any day over running. I really hope that some day soon I get to the point where I can convince myself that I have tried enough and just be happy growing a few of nicest varieties I have enjoyed. I agree with you on the looks, it is one of my favorites. It also feels nice in the hand, it has some heft to it and does not have as much of that hollow feeling that the 7's have. I'll save you some seeds.

Your reviews are the most descriptive and informative on the web Mike and a pleasure to watch. :cool: The video quality is outstanding and it's nice to see that the sound problem has been solved.

Move over Neil, the eyes of Texas are upon you. :wink:

Back