• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

video BeagleStorm vs. The Fatali Chile - A Video Review

Breathtaking & Awesome. The Fatali is another chile I have wanted to try for a long time. I have heard so many good things about them. The peppers look great. Large, deep yellow pointed pod with a bumpy and mean look to them. Thin skin, and what seemed a little bit fibrous. I had to chew it quite a bit. Cut open it did not have a rush of aroma. Smelling it yielded a citrus and fruity odor with Bhut/Naga overtones. It has medium to low seed count. Flavor was spectacular in combination with its heat. It had a nice fresh slightly sweet citrus taste. Aftertaste (ok Burp) had a nice hint of pineapple. The heat was impressive. The moment I put a chile to my tongue I could sense the heat. It hit hard then tapered off then started slowly building again. It was never uncomfortable like when eating the 7 pods, but it was concentrated on the tongue and produced a very nice tingle and burn. It was a really cool sensation. Definitely hotter than a habanero it kept my tongue going for several minutes. Stomach seems fine, I will have to try a whole pod next time to really find out. This is my new favorite and I will definitely grow a few along with the red strain to see how similar they are. I really like the Chocolate Bhut, however this is more along the lines of what I was hoping to find in a chile. Hot and flavorful. The Chocolate Bhut was more hot and mellow and now I can understand when some say smoky now that I can compare it to this. If that makes sense at all. I am looking forward to trying them both again side by side. I think each of them will be a staple in my garden.

I talked about liking the Fatali more than the Harold St. Barts. Now that I have had time to think about it… The St. Barts was also an excellent flavored chile, however the heat was nothing compared to the Fatali. I can see a use for both however and will still definitely be growing St. Barts next year.

Another nice thing is the plants are very prolific and easy to grow. Out of the 28 varieties I am growing, this is one of the few plants actually doing really well.

another great review michael!those are real good. i grew them a few years ago. there's a red fatali out there to. i'll be trading a guy on youtube some yellow 7s for red fatali soon. will do the vid apon arrival. i'm doing congo trinidad today.

Back