• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

video BeagleStorm vs. The Harold St. Bart Chile - A Video Review

I was so excited to try this one. The Harold St. Bart's Habanero was on a list of the top ten best tasting chiles that I had found on another forum and posted here a while back. Well it did not disappoint. Way better than an orange or red Habanero (the only other ones I have had so far) Pod size was a very nice medium, with a nice deep yellow skin. Same medium-thin skin as most of the others I have tried. Nice crunch to it when I chewed it. It was juicy and fresh tasting. When I sliced it open there was no overwhelming aroma like when I sliced open the 7 Pot SR. Just a light capsicum and fruity odor when you put your nose to it. It also had a faint trace of typical habanero but it was smoother. Smelled very similar to the Devil's Tongue from this morning slightly fruiter. Flavor was very nice. I think I liked it better than the Devil's Tongue. Seemed like a more balanced flavor, sweeter and juicier as well. Some people have said they find it smoky. I did not pick up on that. It had a medium amount of seeds. Heat seemed typical of a habanero. I was only able to have a small piece as you will see in the video. If I had been able to have a larger piece with some placenta, I might be able say if it was hotter than an orange hab or not. Regardless, I got a good enough taste to be sure that I know I will grow this next season as one of my planed 2 or 3 habanero varieties. Thanks again Jacob... don't sweat the funky pods. The selection you sent is helping me so much for picking what to grow next year for my first "Real" season.

good review michael! i've been hearing good things about that pepper.i'll have to try it eventually. you keep getting those penecillin peppers! whats going on with that?!

Back