• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

video BeagleStorm vs. The Naga Morich Chile - A Video Review

Naga Morich -- Having liked the Dorset, I was looking forward to trying the Morich. These peppers were smoother skined but still bumpy vs. the Dorset which was very wrinkled. Both had the same general shape but the Morich was smaller. Sliced open there was no overwhelming odor. Smelling up close, I noticed a slightly sweet but mostly normal earthy Naga aroma. You could definitely smell the capsicum. Skin was very thin but it sat in my fridge for two weeks so it may have shrunk a little. When I bit into it, it was very juicy which is unusual considering how thin it was. This pod also had a pretty low seed count. Flavor was very nice. Sweeter than the Dorest I had. The earthy Naga flavor was also more subtle and flavors seemed more balanced. Heat was almost identical to the Dorset. Not as hot as a 7 Pot, but a very nice medium hard burn isolated to the mouth. That is one of the reasons I like the Naga's so much .... No throat burn. I really like the combination of heat/flavor in these. When I started tasting chiles I really though I was only going to like a sweeter or fruitier pepper. What a nice surprise the naga's have turned out to be. I will definitely grow this next year and since they are so prolific, one is hopefully all I will need. Thanks for the great pods Jacob.

The naga is definately one of my favorite plants. Compact, VERY prolific, like about 200 pods off it 2 years in a row. Makes a great tasting sauce as well. Glad you enjoyed it.

jacob

great review michael. naga morich started fast as a seedling but they are my slowest plants now. i'll try to slip a few in with the 7s. good flavour description. the plants are small compred to the bhuts. can't wait to try that one.

Back