• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Beautiful Big Jim

I have to show this off. It is from seeds that I bought last year - labeled, "Certified for the 2009 Growing Season."

This took 29 days to sprout, then more than 2 weeks to finally break away from the cotyledon and form the first 2 baby leaves.

Lot and Lots of love later, look at it - It is beautiful. It is the prettiest plant I have ever sprouted. It will be a little sad to put it into the ground, as I know it will look worse when exposed to the elements 24x7, but hope it will produce some good fruit. It has already been "hardened off," as it spent some time outside, exposed to full sun and wind.

jim1.jpg

jim2.jpg

jim3.jpg

Thanks for the compliment.

My digital camera takes pictures that by default are between 2.5 and 3.6 Meg. I worked with Paint to re-size the pictures, before uploading them to photobucket, but did something wrong to show the extra white space.

Photobucket has an image editor. The downside is that you have to upload the entire file before you can edit it.

Nice looking plant by the way. How thick is the stem?

dragon49 said:
Ajarnv,

What kind of peppers are in your Avatar?

Those are my first fruits and they're Costa Rica Habaneros. A friend in England got the seeds from some peppers he bought in a store and the package said they were from Costa Rica. The seeds from that fruit are very fertile. I'm now growing 1st generation plants.

Ballzworth said:
the editing and frames are important why?? that plant looks perfect. one of the best I've ever seen. nice job!

About the editing out - I was just curious;)

About the frames - believe it or not but some people still use dialup (or use broadband that sometimes acts like dialup...) and huge pics takes forever to load. Also, if the OP is using a free Photobucket account there is a limit to the amout of data that can be transfered each month so it makes double sense to make the pics as small as possible. Why not remove white parts that does not add any information anyway?

That is a very impressive plant. You've done quite well. Good luck with the rest of the season, can't wait to see the pods you get off this one!

That's looking really good dragon. It should really explode when it gets some nice summer sun. You've already got extra leave sprouting throughout.

Back