• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

drying Beelezububeef Jerky

Eye of rounds were on sale so I got 5 lbs of traditional beef jerky in the dehydrator and started a new batch of Beelzebeef jerky.

5 lbs 13 oz of eye of round trimmed of fat and silver skin and sliced into strip
2 cups Worcestershire sauce
2 cups light soy 
1 palm full of black pepper
1 palm full of crushed red pepper
1 big glug of Texas Pete hot sauce
1 gigantic squeeze of honey
1.13g of cure # per pound of meat 
1 no 2 no 3 no 5 no 9 no 15 no 20 dried Carolina Reapers. 

Peppers into the magic bullet to grind into dust. Then add in the honey cup of liquid and then grind some more. Dump everything into a bowl save for the meat and mix thoroughly being careful not to splash. Honestly gloves and safety glasses are probably not a bad idea. Now measure out the cure and mixing in thoroughly. Then in a nonreactive bowl or plastic bag combine the marinade and meats making sure the meats are comply coated. Put in refrigerator for a minimum of 12 hours u to 48 turning or stirring occasionally.

Tomorrow I'll drain in a colander then place on the dehydrator racks. Set the heat for 160 degrees for 1 hour then back down to 120 degrees until done. Around the 5 to 6 hour mark I'll start pulling the piece and putting them in a paper bag. Since some pieces will be wetter or dryer that others putting them in a paper bag and folding down the top will let the moisture level equalize and make them all the same. You can certainly eat right away but a 24 hour rest lets the flavor develop a bit more.

Looks innocent enough :)

Attachments

• Carolina Reaper beef jerky.jpg
    Carolina Reaper beef jerky.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 115
Cool!

Shorten the name

Beelzebeef Jerky! :D

Back