beer Begin! : May TD: Golden Stout

Golden Stout TD

The goal is to create a Golden Stout. This is a beer with a low SRM, similar to a blonde ale or golden ale, yet has the flavor characteristics of a stout, albeit Oatmeal Stout, Coffee, Chocolate, Russian Imperial, or a combination of all of them.
  • Ingredients Limitations - NONE! Sky is the limit. 
Steps and Pics:
  • In your final post please show your presentation pic(s) first, then show all the steps taken to get there. Mash, boil, fermentation or after, whatever process you are going through for the TD.
  • No pic limit. 

Title your entries, list all ingredients and brewing methods.
PoL: $.06 (PoL only needs to be shown ONCE in a pic with all or a majority of the ingredients used, or in a final presentation pic of the main entry, preferably not on the plate.)
PIC ALLOWANCE: Unlimited

Beer must be shipped out by 5/31/16, and a tracking number provided. It wouldn't be fair for the others to wait weeks down the road for your beer to show up to judge theirs.
Shipping Info is as follows

Collusion Tap Works
105 S Howard St
York, PA 17401

BEGIN!

Wheebz. Just a consideration....I have no supplies on hand. If I order from Northern, it takes about a week.

I guess what I am saying is that I would like more time. Maybe put the style out on the 20th of each month, so people can devise a recipe and buy what they need. Then you post POL Beginning of month and people can be ready to brew.

Not sure if that makes any sense to you.

Yea I was pretty set on NE IPA, but everyone jumped on this suggestion yesterday so

You guys can definitely start a discussion about the next one way earlier, and going off of what the general consensus is, or we could even do what the winner wants to do, we could make it easier that way

I'm brewing an NE IPA regardless, but they really won't travel well without the utmost in terms of proper handling ... will be critical ... also could be seen as a good technical challenge for that reason ...

grantmichaels said:
Could it possibly be later than Tue?
I will know when they ship. But it is 40 minutes away... So...who knows.
image.jpeg

First bottle down.

Back