• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest BEGIN! Seafood Soup & Sandwich Throwdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Hot Pepper

Founder
Admin
Begin!

Seafood Soup & Sandwich Throwdown

Show us your best seafood soup and sandwich combo! Something hearty for the chilly weather? Or fresh and light, in the warmer climates? What will pair well together?

Seafood = Any fish or shellfish.
Soup =  Any soup, chili, stew, bouillabaisse, gumbo, etc. Anything that eats like a soup (bowl and spoon).
Sandwich = Any interpretation of a sandwich. Open-faced, burger, dog, wrap. All allowed.

Both parts are to be seafood. Other proteins are allowed. Any cuisine. Mix and match cuisines. Phở, bánh mì, po' boy, torta, English, French, etc.

Nothing else on the plate unless it is essential or garnish.

READ: The 5 Rules for an eligible entry
PoL: .70
5 Pics Max in final post! 2 soup, 2 sandwich, 1 combo recommended. Or  killer prep pic.
ENDS SUNDAY 10 PM EST

We're just gonna call this the "Keybird Kickoff!"

Never fails! Good start bro.

Something is seriously wrong here….. it's after 8:30pm on Saturday after the Keybrd Kickoff, and that's ALL we have?!?!? No contenders in the ring? Where TB at?  :mope:

Kool pumpkin there, Key!

geeme said:
Something is seriously wrong here….. it's after 8:30pm on Saturday after the Keybrd Kickoff, and that's ALL we have?!?!? No contenders in the ring? Where TB at?  :mope:

SoFlo showed up and everyone got skerd.

I'ma make a tuna salad sammich, and throw a shrimp in some tomato soup.

Done right that is a good combo. Classic comfort with a SoFlo twist.

BigB said:
I'm trying to locate some lobsters, all my spots got annihilated :( Only undersized guys around

BigB, you are on SoBe, no? Break out the cast net and flashlight. You have all night to shrimp off the 195.  :P

Well, if all goes according to plan, I'm going to be making lobster bisque with the lobster shell pulverized by the vitamix into the sauce for extreme flavor topped with an open faced tempura lobster tail on toasted brioche dressed with the bisque. I have some spicy ass powder spice mix to put into the tempura batter provided by djinn as well as some aji lemon drops to add to the lobster bisque. Now i just need these damn lobsters! lol

I guess maybe do a shrimp bisque with shrimp tempura / creole fried po boy? Still want that lobster shell sauce though so bad, key ingredient lol

geeme said:
I forgot how to cook. 

True story.

Well let me tell you the basics. It all starts with salt & pepper. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back