food 'Bella & Bok Choy Burger

I thought I 'd give a nod to the veggie heads and made myself a good ' ol portabella burger tonight

First I sauteed some onions and bok choy in some curry spices and chile oil
Cooked up a fresh portabella cap and covered with asiago cheese and a slice of baby swiss
then I added a little homemade habanero mayo on the bun and it was awesome!

bellaburger1.jpg

yeah I know the stem makes it look like a boob by adding a nipple effect, but I think it makes it look more tasty lol
bellaburger2.jpg

bellaburger3.jpg

mmm mmm definatley good eats :D

I'd never call that a burger (which can only be meat) but I'd call that a hot blue and righteous sammich!! Whip out another one of them thar' bok choy 'thangs. Me hungy!!

texas blues said:
I'd never call that a burger (which can only be meat) but I'd call that a hot blue and righteous sammich!! Whip out another one of them thar' bok choy 'thangs. Me hungy!!

franzb69 said:
mmmm tasty.

agreed, not a burger. but very tasty none-the-less

right on, sandwich it is! perhaps "burger" was to strong of a word to use since it does lack that certain tasty meat goodness :D

Thanks for the compliments

i like the boob mushie.. but how'd the bok choy go with it?? it does look awesome.. but bok choy can be a bit watery for my liking on a burger /sammich :)

mel said:
i like the boob mushie.. but how'd the bok choy go with it?? it does look awesome.. but bok choy can be a bit watery for my liking on a burger /sammich :)

thanks Mel, the bok choy went well with it, I only cooked it long enough for it to wilt so it actually still had some crispness to it and wasnt really mushy as it would have been if I cooked it longer.

Back