• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

pests BER, bug, or sun? What do you think?

Noticed some discoloration on this pod after I came home tonight, what do you think it is?

I'm skeptical it's BER because it's not on the bottom. It COULD be a bug that got in but it was too dark and I'd had done drinks so too clumsy to check the entire pod. Could also be sun scald, though doubt that given everything else is ok.

Any ideas what else it might be?

G3TiRIQ.jpg

yeah i saw this on reddit and i came to same conclusion that it could be BER..
Sunscald seems like a possibility if the sunlight got magnified by some water or something.

I don't think it's a pest..

If it is facing directly upward then it could be sun scald but I too suspect BER from soil nutrient imbalance or too much water.

The petiole and leaf in the right side of the pic also appear to show lesions. Are there any other spots like these on this plant or others? I've lost a couple of pods to BLS this year, and that spot on your pepper looks familiar.

Thanks for the ideas guys. Still up in the air, but likely BER because it looks like it's darkening instead of becoming lighter.

Moister levels have definitely been higher recently since I applied straw mulch to the pots this past Friday. I've also noticed drooping and yellowing lower leaves on a number of plants as well, despite only watering every few days.

Gonna remove some mulch to expose some of the soil and hopefully that will fix things.

Good luck to you Filmost. I've lost most of my pablanos this year to BER. For some reason they seem to be way more susceptible than all my other varieties. Hoping you can correct it, I still haven't controlled my problem with the pablanos. I've kind of given up with them and just sufficed with about half the pod volume from them.

Back