food best BBQ meat balls Djinn's way...

ok wasn't going to post until i had them on the pit but this way if you like the recipe you can try for labor day!
this is the way i do it 100 % pork, my wife likes the 50/50 beef pork version only thing that i would recomend is use 1/2 75% or 80% beef instead of all pork.

Italian sausage/beef hamburger (more fat the better, it is a BBq meat ball)seasoned with what ever spices you chose,salt pepper other seasonings ,what ever you make/buy i use spices...

bacon

hot pepper of your choice, a thin walled would be a better pepper to use as cooking is low and slow! but use what ever you want it is your meat ball!!

cheese of your choice(for this i am using pepper jack, brie would have been my first choice but didn't make the store yesterday, surdyk's to get good cheese.) http://www.surdyks.com/

prep
mix the meat what ever mix you want to use make sure it is at room temp by the time you throw it one the pit\
cut peppers to the size of a nickle or less than a quarter.
stuff cheese into a pepper of your taste.
for this weekend i am using sapporo peppers for my wives and white ghosts for mine, and a few scorpions too for me.
take your cheese stuff it in the pepper then wrap the meat around the cheese pepper is the first easy part of the meatball, next is take the ever so needed bacon wrap one slice of butcher bacon(btw if it comes in clear plastic and has paper in the plastic)
it is not bacon! buy your bacon from a butcher that makes the bacon dammit!

at this point one would heat up the pit to 225 to 275 what ever you smoke at and put them on for about 2-3 hours depending on your pit(or when they are done)

i make them dry but with less than a 1/2 hour if you want them wet start the bbq sauce at this point!

enjoy!

CameraZOOM-20130901130603967.jpg
View attachment 7138
View attachment 7138
CameraZOOM-20130901130300053.jpg

i will have some more prep and finished pics once i get them done tomorrow

Attachments

• CameraZOOM-20130901131252368.jpg
    CameraZOOM-20130901131252368.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 45
JayT said:
Yeah where are the finished ones?

those will be monday JT! i will post a little more prep and then the pre and post pit , i will also be doing some chicken thighs too and possibly some smoked something depends on the hangover and time i have tomorrow...

This is suspenseful!

Damn dude. I hope it looks/tastes as good as it sounds!

Hurry up with the damn pics already!!! :)

JayT said:
Hey give me some of that popcorn.
here are some pics of the finished meatballs

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:1812]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:1811]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:1810]

Back