vendor Best Business Practices... BakersPeppers... $ 5,000 Facts... No Drama... Admins... No Trolls in this

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have remained patient for nearly two years involving a business loan of $ 5,000  that has not be repaid in part or whole from BakersPeppers in late March 2012

Here are the facts, and email timeline history.  I have contacted Dale, He has responded, first making excuses, then a promise to pay 1000$ of the loan by December 15, 2013.  It is now December 20th, and I sent a polite reminder to him last week.  It was not responded to.

The time line starts early in 2011.  At the time Dale had recently posted a video or two of a large number of healthy super hot peppers in his nursery.  I made contact, long story short, I provided Dale a certified bank pepper loan of $ 5,000 top help him expand his business. 

What follows below is a summary of emails over the next 20 months to the present.  I will let the emails tell the story, word for word. First see the certified check made out to and cashed by him in March 2012.  I want to add that this was a no interest loan, you can't do better than that from any bank.

Before I get to the email history, I just wanted to mention that if Mr Bakers were strapped for cash, how could he take his spouse and two kids on vacation recently for two weeks ?  At best it would seem a poor business decision on his part.

Everything I stated here is true.  I have original emails with IP and Domain name trace if needed.

As you you can see, Mr Bakers has made excuses and a promise for partial payment of $ 1,000 on 12/15/13 which has not been kept.

I have been more than fair and patient in this matter.  The next step is up to you...  A man is only as good as his word, in the end nothing else matters.

Admins, please do not let this thread spin out of control, no flamers who cannot back their claims with times, dates and facts.

This is not about character assassination, it is about good business practice.

Thanks...

Rhody...

*****************************************************************************************************************************************************
3/25/12
[SIZE=10pt]David,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]    I really appreciate this my friend...really! You have no idea how much it means to me that u will do this for me! Like i said..it will take quite some time to get it back to you but it WILL get back to you over time :)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Dale E. Baker Jr[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]3408 Colwell Ave[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Tampa, Fl 33614[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]I dont have a home phone as these days its more cost effective to have an unlmited data/calls/texts plan on my cell phone....[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt] [/SIZE]
          [SIZE=10pt]******************************************************************************************************************************************************[/SIZE]       [SIZE=10pt]8/13/12[/SIZE] [SIZE=10pt]Hey Dave...as I stated to u at the time u did loan me the $5k I told u I
had no clue when I could even begin to repay you...and you werequite ok
with that at the time....I now am in a huge crisis with the USPS &UPS!
They owe me over $2k in insurance claims and i may not get it! But i had
to refund that money to my customers....plus now my father is leaving
me! He backing it up and calling it quits! I can't run the place myself
and having to hire help when my bank account is in the negative is going
to be hard to do...the summer has SLOWED my crop speed WAY down to a
crawl! I am lowering prices to compete with others and I barely have any
inventory as it is due to the slow summers high heat...I told you that i
would get you the $$ back ASAP...could be a while I said...I remember
trying to be very clear I had no clue when i could start getting you
some back to you....and right now is not a good time at all....I hate to
say that...honestly I do...as u truly were there for me when i needed
it...I'm sorry my pepper biz is starting so slow...trust me...I need $$
very bad myself...I can't even pay this months electric bill...first
time that's happened here my dad says in 45 years....Im struggling
myself....and i don't know what to say.....I'm sorry Dave...I hoped u
wouldn't "need' it anytime soon like I tried to tell you at the time...I
feel horrible....[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]dale@bakerspeppers.com[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]************************************************************************************[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Dale Jr[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]************************************************************************************

11/11/13[/SIZE]

I have been patient and as my next to last email to you states, I am simply requesting you repay the business loan I made to you on 3/36/2012. I put my hard earned money on you to help you succeed when you needed more equipment for your pepper business. It has been almost a year and a half since you cashed the check.  Not once have you contacted me by phone, text or email to settle this matter.  I have contacted you at least three times to try to negotiate payment and every time you have had excuses. The next step is up to you.

I hope you are a man of your word, because a man's reputation is like gold in the niche hot pepper business.

Sincerely,

Dave Williams

*****************************************************************************************************************************************************

11/11/13

[SIZE=10pt]Hey Dave....[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]I wanted to say i have not been ducking u at all. I have been real busy working on peppers and having another child at the same time. I told u i have every intention of paying u back in full! December 15th i will send u a check for $1,000....its a start...i can make a payment every now and then but all at once just isnt realistic as i never have that type of $$ all at once....hope this helps...let me know :) [/SIZE]

Dale,

11/16/13

Dale,

That is a start, please send a bank check with the note section as follows:  payment $ 1,000 pepper business loan, balance due of $ 4,000, this will serve as our receipt.

Thanks...

******************************************************************************************************************************************************

11/16/13

Dale,

That is a start, please send a bank check with the note section as follows:  payment $ 1,000 pepper business loan, balance due of $ 4,000, this will serve as our receipt.

Thanks...

******************************************************************************************************************************************************

12/11/13

Dale,

Just a reminder you said above that you agreed to sending a bank check $ 1,000 (post marked ) by Dec 15th.   I hope you are a man of your word.

***************************************************************************************************************

To all,

Let's keep this thread civil, if Bakers pays off the debt I will remove the thread right away.  I dont see how I can be more fair than that.  It would be good for his business reputation.  He knows that.

Please note:  I have updated the second 11/11/13 post above where Dale agreed to pay me $ 1,000 by 12/15/13.  I failed to post it in the original post.

I'm certainly not denying that every single other member on here has been complete angels. But if Dale moves as much as he claims, then why does he need us to pay him the money to pay the debt

Pepperjack91 said:
PJ91 =  :halo: 

Jk I'm surprised I've not been banned.

At least i'm not DALE.
I think we're all glad we're not Dale. And I got a good kick out of Dale's dig at me and accusing me of copying him, and saying I had nothing on my site, when (price notwithstanding) half his fresh SFRB's have been "sold out" for how long now?

i can admit my behavior has not been all that great, and i think most of it was in here towards dale,  and yes a lot of what i said shouldnt have been said and i apologize to thp boss man, and all of the thp members for my rude behavior. but i will not apologize to dale for anything i have said towards him, especially now since he is trying to put the blame on us and his debt towards rhody. that is not right, and like thp said none of us have been angels, but it has been all directed toward dale and his shinanigans.  

The Hot Pepper said:

I will be introducing a trader score system soon that will help you decide if you want to deal with a trader. That should also encourage good deals, and remedies if needed. The Vendor Vault is too conversational and disorganized... so yeah, I can see why some people ask why he isn't banned with all the posts, but if you break it down... the loan has nothing to do with the site... imagine if we banned for your personal offsite dealings? And he hasn't conducted business here in a long time. The ads go to his site. Yes, he has sold on this site, and sold some rotten pods or shipped late. But you don't ban over that. You leave a bad score. The new system will help all of this. I'll make it a priority to roll it out.
I cannot hit "like" enough on this. I would embrace a ratings system like this wholeheartedly.

Its sad that positive posts about how excellent vendor's treated people get buried under these kinda of docudramas.
:(

I have no problem wearing my vendor rating on my sleeve, so to speak.

elcap1999 said:
I'm certainly not denying that every single other member on here has been complete angels. But if Dale moves as much as he claims, then why does he need us to pay him the money to pay the debt

I think that the real answer is that Dale's been grossly exaggerating his sales volume to appear more successful than he's really been. If he can't put together $5k over two years, he's barely staying afloat. A lot of folks live paycheck to paycheck right now, and it's a tough economy, but this deception hasn't made him any more friends than if he was just honest about the challenges of running a small business.

I have been mostly silent in regard to Mr. Baker and his conduct, impudence, and arrogance. I am grateful that Siccy and I heeded our gut feelings about him during our first year of our fledgling operation. Of all of the inflammatory remarks made by Baker, one made me more angry than any and incited me to want to take action. He has the audacity to challenge Rhody to take him court at Rhody's own expense.....as if to say Rhody is not capable because he lacks the funds or lacks the gumption to follow through.......I do not know Rhody, nor do I know his situation, but I'll be damned if I will stand by and not react to this.

Baker......you want to post an add pandering for funds to pay off Rhody?

You insolent excuse for a human being.

You want to see fundraising Baker?

I guarantee that if we members here that are opposed to your shady dealings pulled together and set up a page on a fundraising sight
to fund Rhody's efforts to collect his money by inconviencing you to the max and dragging your butt into court wherever Rhody resides......we can and will make it happen.........

And Rhody, this is in no way suggesting you can't handle your own affairs. That ego needs to be deflated, and I will speak for myself that I feel the community wants to see you get your money back!......

Anyone with me on this?

Lady Sic said:
I have been mostly silent in regard to Mr. Baker and his conduct, impudence, and arrogance. I am grateful that Siccy and I heeded our gut feelings about him during our first year of our fledgling operation. Of all of the inflammatory remarks made by Baker, one made me more angry than any and incited me to want to take action. He has the audacity to challenge Rhody to take him court at Rhody's own expense.....as if to say Rhody is not capable because he lacks the funds or lacks the gumption to follow through.......I do not know Rhody, nor do I know his situation, but I'll be damned if I will stand by and not react to this.

Baker......you want to post an add pandering for funds to pay off Rhody?

You insolent excuse for a human being.

You want to see fundraising Baker?

I guarantee that if we members here that are opposed to your shady dealings pulled together and set up a page on a fundraising sight
to fund Rhody's efforts to collect his money by inconviencing you to the max and dragging your butt into court wherever Rhody resides......we can and will make it happen.........

And Rhody, this is in no way suggesting you can't handle your own affairs. That ego needs to be deflated, and I will speak for myself that I feel the community wants to see you get your money back!......

Anyone with me on this?

Well said. Absolute slimeball move advertising to sell pods to make the money.

Shame that it had to come to this, since $4,000 is no small amount of money, but it can't be said he didn't have plenty of time and opportunities to pay back the loan. Hope you get it all back.

AJ, there a whole other story behind this post that's been going on for over a year.  Best thing I can say is....don't get involved!

It still amuses me that the biggest grower on the planet, who has thousands of customers world wide can't find $4000 in his couch to send you.

I hope you get this resolved soon Rhody, you have been more than patient with him.

AJ, this has been a bad deal for over a year now. Rhody needed to get Baker's attention.

And Scovie's right, AJ, this was something of a last resort for Rhody, since he was being strung along by Baker's for far too long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back