• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

Best Chinese Dish

I just sat down with an order of Singapore Chow Fun, Great with a little Siracha. Thats my pick for best item on Chinese menu. Who's next :)

as for if its chinense,thai, or ?
thats a tough call because I love asian food!

& many places prepare it different.
around here I like the honey chicken,japanese chicken, black bean chicken +++, squid, general taos chicken, etc......

I prefer to add their own made chile sauce to the food vs the bottled stuff given, its not always hotter but its just that its tasty IMO chilewise & more natural (well I hope LOL)

oh yea a good egg drop soup is good every now & then, I know theres some that cant make it as good even though its a simple recipe.

I am a big fan of the Singapore fried noodles.

I was in china for a holiday about 12 months ago and the food is so much different than you would think, and bloody lovely, but i was totally sick of chinese food by the end of the trip and didn't eat it again for about 6 months.:rolleyes:

At one restaurant, a dish was put on the table (we never picked want we wanted, an assortment of food was always brought out) and i stupidly asked what it was. "Dog, Sir" was the reply. I ate it anyway and it was nice.

While i was over there, I knowingly ate - Dog, Cat, 3 different types of scorpion, a deep fried star fish (which was horrible), a silk worm, boil cow testicle (I was drunk, That's the story and I'm sticking to it), deep fried sea horse and to top it off on the last day i had roasted maggots....

Im not the biggest fan of chinese..every where I go around here they all serve the same thing and all poorly cooked.Even the chinese buffet the next town over sucks..Tried it a few times.And every time I eat it I think of all the msg involved and it turns me right off..Maby thats why I dont like most fast food joints..Id like to try a real chinese food resturant to see the difference

Dang man, i feel for ya..

We have like a zillion restaurants here, and prolly half are asian. Some VERY good ones too, cambodian, thai, etc.

Ya want good asian, hit up Vancouver...just stay away from the "bangkok lite" hookers.. ;-P

Not so much Chinese, but I love Asian cuisine... Indian first, Thai second, Malaysian third.

the next time in Vancouver ill look it up its only a 2 day drive from here lol 2708.11 miles I do have a buddy that lives there maby a trip next summer is in order..Ive never been there

Do yourself a favor and find a Malaysian restaurant, and order beef rendang, you won't regret it. It is not spicy, but it is the best beef stew you have ever tasted! Slow cooked in all kinds of spices and coconut milk, the meat just falls apart... and get it over coconut rice. One of my favorite dishes!

American Chinese food is very different from authentic Chinese food. They know we like big portions over here so they serve us heaps of meat over rice, and meats that we are familiar with. In China, the dishes are mostly rice and the meats are, well, some that you would not want to eat :shocked:

Is that Hunan or Human?!
Double :shocked:

I'm a Peking (or is it Bejieng now?) Duck man or Mongolian beef. A gal from China the motherland I worked with back in the day of the white buffalo and neanderthal would whip up the real deal for us back in the restaraunt days. Chopsticks? Hell no. Get a spoon and shovel it in.
Cheers, TB.

Mongolian beef is good crack!

moyboy - eating nuts of any animal is just not right ! :sick:

call it what you want, I'll call it all asian food. I like it all! I welcome MSG with a open mouth & fork :lol: most of it tastes good.
I remember this little place that grew small tangerine trees in their place & had the best chicken! it had a sweet n' sour tangerine taste with a crunchy outside texture with those fried rice noodles with it. the stuff was kickass! anyone know of this kind of recipe ?

chilehunter said:
moyboy - eating nuts of any animal is just not right ! :sick:

call it what you want, I'll call it all asian food. I like it all! I welcome MSG with a open mouth & fork :lol: most of it tastes good.
I remember this little place that grew small tangerine trees in their place & had the best chicken! it had a sweet n' sour tangerine taste with a crunchy outside texture with those fried rice noodles with it. the stuff was kickass! anyone know of this kind of recipe ?

Sounds like orange chicken.

Sorry to dissagree chiliehunter but if its good food there is no need for msg if the food needs a chemical to make you think the food is good then it cant be that good

Canuk Pepperhead said:
Sorry to dissagree chiliehunter but if its good food there is no need for msg if the food needs a chemical to make you think the food is good then it cant be that good
It comes from beets or seaweed.

Back