• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Best Deal on Botanicare Gallons for Foliar Feeding

I will start off by saying that I know this will not be for everyone, and I know there are a ton of much less expensive alternatives that probably work just as well. So please keep in mind that I am posting this for people that do like using Botanicare stuff. Yes, using Alaska fish fertilizer ($14 bucks a gallon) from home depot will also work wonders but I hate the smell and texture. (especially since I will be foliar feeding) So after the amazing results I had using these products indoors last year I want to try using them to foliar feed my plants this year out in the raised beds. Considering how much time and money I saved by not starting my plants from seed this year, I decided to splurge and buy some big bottles.

I plan to use these as foliar nutrients this year in my raised beds and as traditional ferts for next year when I start my seeds indoors. After checking amazon and tons of online hydo stores with crazy high shipping costs I checked ebay and found this.

http://www.ebay.com/...9#ht_500wt_1180

1 Gallon of PURE BLEND PRO GROW
1 Gallon of PURE BLEND PRO BLOOM for SOIL
1 Gallon of LIQUID KARMA
1 Gallon of CAL-MAG + PLUS

for $143.81 with free shipping.

Seeing as how shipping 4 gallons weighs about 35 pounds... it has to cost them at least 30 bucks to ship. I bought the quart size of these same 4 bottles last year and they lasted about half my season. I think they cost me at least 70 bucks. So anyway, this was by far the best deal I could find if you can afford or need to buy in bulk. If you live in a major city that has big hydro stores you may be able to buy these cheaper walking into the store. I really don't know, as we don't have any hydo stores here. But it would make sense since shipping costs are so high these days. I was looking at some of the equivalent products from say Fox Farms and they seem to be just as expensive. I would love to hear what others use for foliar feeding.

thanks for posting...ordering now...that's at least 10 bucks a gallon cheaper than I can get it locally...and I just finished ordering them...

We have the "Grow Shops" here and I use to buy the qts. But now, I only buy the gallon containers sinec you gat a bigger bang for the buck. Your price looks better than what I pay, plus I have to pay sales tax.

Greg

Nice prices!! Wow that's pretty cheap. I wonder how long it takes for shipping though.

I actually found a great way to save money on ferts. What I do is purchase up all the sized used hydro gear from the feds after they shut down a big pot farm. Then I take all that expensive gear to my local hydro shop and trade him store credit, but the key is I get everything at HIS COST not retail. Then he puts all my used gear for sale in the shop and makes a killing.

By doing this I actually get everything for pennies since the feds sell the sized gear for next to nothing!!

Nice prices!! Wow that's pretty cheap. I wonder how long it takes for shipping though.

I actually found a great way to save money on ferts. What I do is purchase up all the sized used hydro gear from the feds after they shut down a big pot farm. Then I take all that expensive gear to my local hydro shop and trade him store credit, but the key is I get everything at HIS COST not retail. Then he puts all my used gear for sale in the shop and makes a killing.

By doing this I actually get everything for pennies since the feds sell the sized gear for next to nothing!!

I ordered Wednesday night and got my UPS Ground tracking number the next morning for delivery next Wednesday. . UPS says it weighs 47 pounds! I hope it is not just rocks when I open the box.

I tried looking for some of those auctions when someone posted about that last year. I don't think growing is as common here in the desert as it is in CA. I had no luck. I'm probably better off. If I had access to all that equipment I would never want to sell it back to the store. I would just keep expanding my chile fields. LOL

thanks for posting...ordering now...that's at least 10 bucks a gallon cheaper than I can get it locally...and I just finished ordering them...

I forgot that you use the Botanicare stuff... which is strange since I pretty much follow your entire process for growing from seed and actually started using the botanicare products because of how well they were working for you. I still read your old grow logs with all the great how-to info every year to refresh what need to be done.

. I have used botanicare pure blend, just got some pure blend pro after not using the line for a while.
I do like Botanicare and had outstanding results with the line.

I tried looking for some of those auctions when someone posted about that last year. I don't think growing is as common here in the desert as it is in CA. I had no luck. I'm probably better off. If I had access to all that equipment I would never want to sell it back to the store. I would just keep expanding my chile fields. LOL

Well the problem I found is although the equipment is cheap the electricity cost for my area is a LOT more than other areas.

I figured running a 400mh added about $20-25 a month which wasn't bad, but when my plants where in fool bloom running a 1000 HPS and fan added about $50-$60 a month to the bill.

Back