• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

preservation Best mild pepper for pickling?

Trying to finalize my grow list for the season still. All set on hots (I have far too many) but I need a few utility sweets for cooking and pickling. I've always been a huge fan of pickled banana peppers so I'm thinking this year I'd grow and pickle my own. Any other great mild peppers for pickling out there?

peqillo
aji panca
aji yellow
fish
australian lantern hab
new mex suave
broome chile
aji colorado

there are alot of them but we must consider that heat leval is a relative thing, it depends upon you tolarance

thanks your friend joe

Thanks guys. I'm going to have some nice mid and hot level pods so I was trying for a couple utility peppers for the more faint-hearted visitors I have. I'll be looking into your suggestions.

Mark I'll have to try a Fresno again soon. First time I had one I didn't know what it was and thought it might be a red jalapeno or something. I was still a teenager and remember being incredibly caught off guard by the rush of sweetness and heat from it (it was almost candy sweet and quite hot!) so I haven't had one since. Back then I was not a fan of red annuums. Now I enjoy much more so who knows!

I would agree that Fresnos are a good choice. My Fresno plants produced a ton of pods this year, they are very easy to grow and the pods are quite large. Would be great for pickling.

Back