• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

media Best most easy to use two part fertilizers for coco coir growing in your opinion?

I have tested these ones out with very good results:

Nutriforte tomato and strawberry/Nutriforte nitrogen and calcium dry fertilizer. (Really cheap stuff, but now discontinued):
P1120655.jpg

This Nutriforte stuff seems to be just great, when i look at this picture from 2014. Just look at that nice deep green color. :rolleyes:

GHE floramicro/floramato:
P1130061.jpg

B'cuzz coco fertilizer A+B. (work in progress, so no pictures yet)

My rations for Ghe flora micro/Ghe floramato fertilizers have been:

First two weeks for the plants to get used for the nutrition:

5ml micro/5ml mato added to 10 litres of water.

Small plants in the beginning of season:

10ml micro/10ml mato added to 10 litres of water.

Bigger plants in the beginning of summer and growing/making chilis pod inside:

10ml micro/15ml mato added to 10 litres of water.

When you move the more mature plants outside to greenhouse and it is time to start flowering:

20ml Micro/30ml mato added to 10 litres of water and i keep this ration until the season is about to end.

When the outside season is about to end and all plants are starting to ripen their pods:

10ml micro/15ml mato added to 10 litres of water.

I have found out via extensive experimenting, that if you water the chilis with too strong fertilizer water mix, when growing in coco medium it will do more harm than good to the plant in overall pod production, as too strong fertilizer mix will saturate the coco medium over time.. That is how i found out, that i never should go over that 20ml micro/30ml mato ration in growing season.

Now my plan is to see how well the B'cuzz coco fertilizer A+B will work with the same rations.

Might be a really nooby question, but what're your thoughts on using 1/4 strength general purpose miracle grow for young plants in coir? I already have it, thought about using this when mine sprout.

Ethansm said:
Might be a really nooby question, but what're your thoughts on using 1/4 strength general purpose miracle grow for young plants in coir? I already have it, thought about using this when mine sprout.

The stuff seems to be suitable for strawberry growing, so it should work for chili growing too. So try it out with the 1/4 dosage in the beginning to see how they like it.

Personally I'm not a fan of GH nutes. I find their so called "2 part" to be incomplete, and they encourage you to buy a couple other supplements in their line to add to it.
Making it not 2 part and not as cheap as suspected.

If you want complete 2 part, nothing more to buy. Canna coco or House and Garden coco work great.

hogleg said:
Personally I'm not a fan of GH nutes. I find their so called "2 part" to be incomplete, and they encourage you to buy a couple other supplements in their line to add to it.
Making it not 2 part and not as cheap as suspected.

If you want complete 2 part, nothing more to buy. Canna coco or House and Garden coco work great.

Well my results with the Ghe floramicro/floramato alone in the greenhouse have been really great, so they work pretty good being only 2 part fertilizers:

P1120945.jpg

It is how you use them to give the results you seek in the end and picked about 35 litres of main harvest in one go in the year of 2014. I have never used any additives the fertilizer companies wants you to use and all of them wants you to use the addititives with the promise of "better" harvest.

Those plants you see in the picture where so full of harvest, that the branches had to be supported because the weight of the pods alone could break or bend them...How much more harvest you could ask from them, when they where already actively trying to kill themself. :rofl:

However i have started using b'cuzz a+b two part fertilizer, because it is half the price and practically should give the same results as seen above. I still have about 5 litres of ghe floramicro and 6 litres of ghe floramato, so once i use them up i will not buy anymore of the stuff because it is too expensive to use and that is the only reason for me to stop buying the stuff in the future.

I thought you were asking for advice? I guess this thread is to show off your GH grow rather.

fyi, I have over 30 years indoor growing experience, the reason indoor grow lights and hydro nutes even exists is because of people like me.

Cheers, enjoy your GH and b'cuzz grows  :cheers:

hogleg said:
I thought you were asking for advice? I guess this thread is to show off your GH grow rather.

fyi, I have over 30 years indoor growing experience, the reason indoor grow lights and hydro nutes even exists is because of people like me.

Cheers, enjoy your GH and b'cuzz grows  :cheers:

The picture was not there to show off anything, it is only there as a proof that GHE floramicro/ Ghe floramato really works for chili growing without any extra additives. I was not asking advise for myself specifically as all knowledge is very welcome here and these advises are here to benefit us all in the forum as the topic title says:

Best most easy to use two part fertilizers for coco coir growing in your opinion?

If you where a total beginner in chili growing for example, like i was in the beginning maybe six years ago. Why start from zero as a beginner when you could gain the knowledge of the seasoned growers straight away by reading some of the notes gathered here. :thumbsup:

I am not the one to hide the knowledge, i am here to share it with everyone and they can do whatever they like with that gained knowledge after that.

Like you, i have finally found a really good, but pretty cheap stuff for coco coir growing and that stuff is the B'cuzz coco A+B fertilizer.

Alright, two new coco coir growing fertilizers added to the list:

House and garden coco a+b

Canna coco a+b

The dosage advise for those fertilizers would be good too as the fertilizer dosages in the company websites are not really suitable for optimal chili growing or harvest for that matter.

Now i can finally give a proper update how the B'cuzz A+B works in coco coir growing:
IMG_20180309_060732_1.jpg

My conclusion is that it appears to be working with the same dosages i have used with the Ghe floramicro/floramato before. The another great thing is that this fertilizer is priced about half compared to the Ghe stuff, so what is not to like!

I will update the progression with pictures with this fertilizer after one month have passed.

I think this kind of fertilizer dosage for B'cuzz coco A+B would be suitable for it based on the NPK values:

5ml part A/5ml part B added to 10 litres of water.

10ml part A/10ml part B added to 10 litres of water.

10ml part A/15ml part B added to 10 litres of water.

When you move the more mature plants outside to greenhouse and it is time to start flowering:

20ml Part A/25ml Part B added to 10 litres of water and keep this ration until the season is about to end.

When the outside season is about to end and all plants are starting to ripen their pods:

10ml Part A/15ml part B added to 10 litres of water.

There is only one slight change in dosage compared to my Ghe floramicro/ghe floramato.

Chilidude said:
I think this kind of fertilizer dosage for B'cuzz coco A+B would be suitable for it based on the NPK values:

10ml part A/15ml part B added to 10 litres of water.

20ml Part A/25ml Part B added to 10 litres of water and keep this ration until the season is about to end.

10ml Part A/15ml part B added to 10 litres of water.

There is only one slight change in dosage compared to my Ghe floramicro/ghe floramato.

Turns out that my previous dosages for the B'cuzz coco A+b was slightly off, as i i found out the real NPK values is slightly different than my Ghe floramicro/floramato so i made some adjustments for the dosages for part a+part b:

15ml part A/15ml part B added to 10 litres of water.

25ml Part A/25ml Part B added to 10 litres of water and keep this ration until the season is about to end.

10ml Part A/10ml part B added to 10 litres of water.

I may revisit these values later on, if i see that any corrections have to be made for the dosages. So this is still work in progress for testing this still pretty new to me fertilizer to find out the correct dosages for chili growing.

Back