misc Best Perservative for Jared Grind Pepper

Looking for best preservative without whacking the good taste of the pepper grind. I plan to sell my peppers here locally by grinding and mixing part vinegar/garlic the people here love it but I need a preservative to maintain proper shelf life according to USDA standards. Thanks

there are lots of posts here discussing vinegars and other acids. Just start ckicking through the hot sauce making threads and you will get some good basics. Some ingredients will show up over and over.

If you plan to sell commercially, get in touch with your local health authorities now, and start working with them. They can inform you of the local and state codes you will need to follow, and will also have local resources you can use, like commercial kitchens, as you usually can't sell stuff out of your home kitchen.

Good Luck.
SL

there are lots of posts here discussing vinegars and other acids. Just start ckicking through the hot sauce making threads and you will get some good basics. Some ingredients will show up over and over.

If you plan to sell commercially, get in touch with your local health authorities now, and start working with them. They can inform you of the local and state codes you will need to follow, and will also have local resources you can use, like commercial kitchens, as you usually can't sell stuff out of your home kitchen.

Good Luck.
SL

Thanks for info!

Back