smokers Best smoker I made ever...

Well I make all kinds of things and the wife knows how i like to make smokers and grills... so she called me and said bring the trailer to my work i have something for ya ( she manages a cafe at the college). So off i went trailer in to and found this waitin for me... woo hoo, score...
WisconsinApril2010010.jpg

Well after an hour with the plasma cutter a few welds, and a smoker that will last 3 lifetimes...
WisconsinApril2010012.jpg

Were headin to the condo this weekend and hopefully i can find something tasty to put in there when we get back...
SouthwindsMay292009042.jpg

:beer:

Box was the old sump, and it seals well, so it burns well, still have to get use to it. I do have some plans for a 3 SS keg design, just have to get around to it. It was actually the easiest one I ever made, only really removed pieces for the most part. i just like to build them outts food grade SS since its always out in the weather here by the lake or near the beach at the condo...

Looks like a thin SS, wonder how it will hold heat. Also stainless does rust, so take care of it. The non-rust thing is a myth.

It hold heat well, it won't rust... its not your cheap gas grill stainless... not sure of the # but food grade has a much higher % on Nickle I believe. I have a small keg that has cooked all over Fl, from e to w. not the first sigh, but it's 10 years old, used the kitchen installers plasma and welder while they were on lunch when we built Emeril's at Universal.

Wow great find. I can't believe they where gonna toss that gem!!

Unfortunately I can't build anything to save my #%^, but I'm really interested in the comment about making a 3 SS keg into a smoker??? I have several empty kegs in the garage how hard would it be to convert it into a smoker??? I know a guy who is a great welder just not sure if it's worth the time and money since I would obviously have to pay for him to do all the cutting and welding.

Well if 200 did it, it would last a lifetime, and a steel one it what 150-60 do he math, I have access to good SS, but build upon a replaceable HD or lowe's grate.

A smoker who likes to surf fish... gee what a great guy. It's all good my friend.
Smoked mullet are quite the delicacy on the gulf coast of Florida! Now if he had
put wheels and rod holders on the smoker, and had it out on the beach, I would
have been truly awed! Hook'em & Cook'em is my motto!

Very nice! Easy access too. I don't know which is cooler, the smoker or the fishing cart with rod holders! Never seen me one of those. :cool: They definitely go hand in hand though!

Back