• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

raised-bed best substance to surround the raised bed

I'm mostly complete with two hoop houses and raised beds and I'm curious as to what a good media is for the perimeter of the cedar raised beds.

Any pros or cons to:

mulch
landscape stone
composite mulch

https://vimeo.com/213347685

moruga welder said:
marigolds and mulch will work & look great !   putting those plants in the hoop house today ? great day to be out ,   :party:

I'm not, my little guys are a little too young to face the elements at this time, 2 - 3 more weeks and they'll be ready.

Thanks for your input!

nah . check out my little ones in my grow Glog , been out for a few days . their loving it and hardening off . close the ends up some , and put white sheets over them .

moruga welder said:
nah . check out my little ones in my grow Glog , been out for a few days . their loving it and hardening off . close the ends up some , and put white sheets over them .

Will do, that helps, i was looking for a little push or excuse to go ahead and get them out!!   :dance:

indy_chuck said:

Will do, that helps, i was looking for a little push or excuse to go ahead and get them out!!   :dance:
well heres your PUSH  !!!!!!  lol  check out my 2016 , see how they produced , same scenario every year , with little to no issues at all .  The sun is exactly what they need now .  they'll  grow 2 " in a couple of days ,     :party:

You could use a 1 1/2 in flagstone tightly placed and try growing moss in-between the pieces. 

Something like this...

Attachments

• flagstone and moss.gif
    flagstone and moss.gif
    158.9 KB · Views: 42
Grass Snake said:
You could use a 1 1/2 in flagstone tightly placed and try growing moss in-between the pieces. 

Something like this...

Very nice, I like the looks of that, I may lean toward a brown or earthy stone...nevertheless - wonderful idea!

Back