• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Best tasting 7 pod

I'm thinking about adding a 7 pod/pot to the pepper garden in the spring since I have to order more seeds anyway. Of the bazillion different types of 7 pot plants out there, which are the best tasting? Being the hottest isn't as important as being good tasting.

Just a guess, but I was thinking yellow 7 pot since most yellow peppers seem to be a little yummier than their red counterparts but I might be totally off base since I don't have any exp with 7 pots yet.

Not experienced with many 7 pots, but i grew yellow 7, yellow 7 LRG, and yellow 7 brainstrain, all from judy@pepperlover. They all were on the best tasting pepper list for sure. I had a few other yellow peppers, and the yel 7s tasted much much better to me! It's hard to say which, out of the three, was my favorite, but leaning toward the yellow brain. And damn it can be hot!

i will say brain strain yellow it has the best teast... in any way you make it...
hot suace it is very frutiy... in powder very good smelling.. in fresh very hot and has a lot of afterward taste that last in ur mouth...

for some reason i like yellow peppers more that red...

as GA Growhead said the yellow brian strain is the best for me too

i grew the red brainstrain this year and it was very hot and fruity i made jelly out of it and it was the best of all the jelly's i made this year

Definitely wanna add 7 pot to my 2014 list. I got my seeds for 2013 ages ago and everything I have read since makes me think 'wow I wish I got 7 pot'

As far as heat and production the Barrackpore out produces any 7 Pot that I've grown.

That's what I found too... taste was nice IMO, almost bhut-like, which I really like.. I suspect some "improved" bhuts out there are crossed with the barrackpore...

good old fashion original strain red 7 pot and the yelow as well have a great flavor but i tend to agree that the Brain strain is a Goodie too
i made a sweet sauce with the red 7 and it was fabulous!!
thanks your friend Joe

Jeff, I grew out 7 pot jonah's in yellow, red & douglah this past season (still growing in the basement grow room actually).
I got them from jim duffy. I should still have seeds from them. Personally I liled the yellows the best. They were all good however.
Let me know since you're local and i could dig some up for you.

yellows are the only ones i have grown i like em i keep burpin up citrucy floral after i eat em kinda nice :P , but im trying 7 pod barackpore this year 2013 glad to hear a lot of yall like barackpore,

Back