best way to make label for woozy bottles

i hope this is ok posing here (if not please move to the appropriate thread) but can someone tell me the best way of making my own labels for woozy bottles (the 5 oz kind) i do have access to microsoft word.  but trying to find the actual label material is getting to be a pain in the rear.  is it better to have them professionally done, or better to keep it DIY?  what has worked for you guys in the past?

Avery products carries alot of different designs so you can print your own, peel and stick. AC Moore, Michaels etc. You can google hot sauce label or food label and there's alot of info.

Just briefly looked into labeling requirements per FDA.  Scratching the surface was enough to make me want to go the route of a professional service.

ajdrew said:
Just briefly looked into labeling requirements per FDA.  Scratching the surface was enough to make me want to go the route of a professional service.
Thx drew, this is really for personal friends and family. If I got into the business side selling large amounts then I would go that route, thanks for the Info

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah for personal use, avery.com gives you lots of options. You can get the labels from any stationary store or big box office max, etc.

As stated, Avery Labels are readily available, but there are also other generic labels of the same sizes as Avery. 

The great kicker is Avery Downloadable Templates!  Once you have the label size you want, go to the Avery site and get the free templates.  It's a little fussy if you want to add a lot of graphics from different sources, but with Word, it's a piece of cake.  Simple text labels.  Fonts are your Friend~~~  ;)

If you don't have a laser printer at home, create your label, put it on a flashdrive, take it to your local print shop.  You can buy the labels there and have them print the labels for you. 

I have a really small print shop in town, so I buy a packet of labels there, and print a few pages at a time.  I can bring back the same packet later and print a few more pages as needed.  They don't get fussy with me bringing my own labels as they know I bought them there in the first place.  :cool:  Also, I only have B/W printer, so the print shop does all the short run color stuff I need.

Larger box stores may not be so accomodating with you bringing your own labels until you generate a good relationship with them. 

Have Fun!

PS- Don't worry about all the regs for labeling for hobby sauces.  The one thing I would strongly encourage you to put on your labels is the ingredients, in descending order.  THere's so many weird allergies out there, it would be really sad if a friend-of-a-friend got sick from something in the sauce. 

SL

Back