• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

best way to take plants outside

I have some plants that I have been growing indoors but I think it's time to plant outside. What is the best way to plant them outside? Do you have to get them used to the sun slowing or can I just plant them outside at once? I am not sure if plants might get shocked from been exposed to the sun for the 1st time or if the leaves will get sunburned.

yes they will get a burn.
alot of guys on here expose them to the sun for a bit at a time. wait till they start to wilt then shelter them again.
i think others just keep the direct sun off of them.. say with a white sheet or something like that.
so far ive been letting the sun get to mine bit by bit. the last couple days however they have gotten full sun in the window for 6 or so hours a day. then indirect sunlight for another 5 or so i think.
i sure hope mine to bite the bucket once i get them outside.

socapots has the right idea :-)..Google "hardening off" and you'll get alot of good info on the process. Also, make sure your stems and roots are strong enough to withstand your wind conditions outside. You don't want your plants to be blown over on a windy day.

Back