• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Best way to thaw/how long to thaw

I froze a lot of peppers. Amongst some of the frozen ones are some superhots that I have yet to taste. What is the best way to thaw?

If I take a pepper out of the freezer and only thaw it long enough for it to not be hard, If I eat it in that state, will it not be as hot as it would be had I left it out for a few hours. I want an authentic experience.

I have found that simply running them under lukewarm water will bring them back to life in no time without them turning into mush. Use a strainer for large batches.

if you are in search of the most fresh flavour, I would just air defrost them in a ziploc bag for a day or two until they are edible. Otherwise, microwave the buggers

when i froze long red slim cayenne i did not notice any loss of heat. it's been a year and some are real hot and some not as hot but it was like like when they were fresh. i think they may lose some heat after a year but i can't tell since as stated they are not all the same heat level. i froze a bunch of fatali and i'm sure they'll be hot! i froze about 3 dozen lemon drop and i will freeze about 20 habs or scotch bonnets whatever they are.

I toss some in a bag frozen and hit 'em with a wooden mallet or spoon and they are diced while ice. For snacking I just throw the bag back in the freezer and grab and pop one when in the mood. Works great with Fatalii's.

Back