• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Best Westerns

Not the hotels...rate the best westerns, top 10

Some good for thought, in no particular order:
Outlaw, Josie Wales
Pale Rider
Shane
High Noon
The Quick & the Dead
A Fistful of Dollars
3:10 to Yuma(2007 version)
Tombstone
Unforgiven
Rio Bravo
The Searchers
The Magnificent 7
Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid
The Good, the Bad & the Ugly
The Wild Bunch
And I can't decide if Maverick, while entertaining, is 1. A western, and 2. Worthy of this list.

Feel free to add more for consideration - I'm sure I missed a bunch.

My top 3
1. Unforgiven
2. Outlaw Josie Wales
3. Pale Rider

Kind if a theme here...Clint was the epitome of the bad ass cowboy for me growing up.

I've gotta think a spell on top 10 though...

Go!

Scoville DeVille said:
Slow in the winter? LDHS watchin mooovies. LOL
:rofl:

Guilty! Sorta - no market today. Hospital workers on strike. Markets at the hospital. :doh: that said I did work all day - preppin for ABQ show, sourcing ingredients for Brown Label :whistle: accounting...

But the Quick & the Dead is on - got me to wondering where it ranks. It's definitely on my list but not sure if top 10.

Got to wondering what y'all thought.

Henceforth I shall post with a straw between my teeth and will address ladies as "ma-am"
Chile Juju said:
Bad Girls. There, I said it.

Then True Grit! :)
I missed True Grit!
:doh:
Eta: ma'am.

By "straw", I hope you mean "toothpick"? You just don't know where that straw has been Dude!!!  :rofl:

Oh...and Cat Ballou, Two Mules for Sister Sara, and Rooster Cogburn. There, I'm done with my list. (as if!) hahaha

Lucky Dog Hot Sauce said:
Henceforth I shall post with a straw between my teeth and will address ladies as "ma-a
Goddam I love words. That should be post of the month right there. (so far).

And please don't make a "brown label". "Florida Feel" or, "Pennsylvania Warmth". Heck, "Alaska Ass" sounds better than "brown label". Ok, to many """" i will edit this shit Mr. Scott. Specially if I needin to. Lemme no.

Scoville DeVille said:
Goddam I love words. That should be post of the month right there. (so far).

And please don't make a "brown label". "Florida Feel" or, "Pennsylvania Warmth". Heck, "Alaska Ass" sounds better than "brown label". Ok, to many """" i will edit this shit Mr. Scott. Specially if I needin to. Lemme no.

EDIT??? shit I'm qouting  that shit! :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

Brown's the the onliest  color he has left. That's it! No more colors! :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

hogleg said:

Brown's the the onliest  color he has left. That's it! No more colors! :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:
I've been saving brown for just this purpose...

Much like I'm saving hot yellow with red pinstripes for another purpose.

And then.....I'll be out of colors. :(

Good thing I've got an artist working on a couple others huh?
:D

Holy sheeeit - 4 more sauces?!!

Not this year, no. But there's always options. ;)

unlucky squirrel

Lucky Dog Hot Sauce said:
I've been saving brown for just this purpose...

Much like I'm saving hot yellow with red pinstripes for another purpose.

And then.....I'll be out of colors. :(

Good thing I've got an artist working on a couple others huh?
:D

Holy sheeeit - 4 more sauces?!!

Not this year, no. But there's always options. ;)

unlucky squirrel

STOP! STOP! yer making me light headed.

CELEDON!!! :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

So yeah - Deadwood? Appaloosa? Ooh - No Country for Old Men! Definitely a western.

There's also the assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford, though it wouldn't make my top 10.
Young guns?

"Support Your Local Sheriff" (1969). The scene where the Sherriff (played by James Garner) chased off a hired gunslinger/duellist sent to kill him was hilarious.

Enough said, no further spoilers. This movie has none of the grandeur of some of the really good westerns, but it is a movie fhat i watch about once every few years when i need a really good laugh.

There are a lot of familiar actors for anyone else who grew up in the 1970s. The humor and content are suitable for family viewing, imho.

Back