• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Bhut, 7Pod, Fatalii comparison

I'm growing 7 Pod, Bhut Jolokia, and Fataliis this year and have had a chance to compare the heat/pain for each one and noticed an interestantly different form of pain for each type. 7Pod...ate a small slice of 7 pod and eyes instantly watered, followed up with sweating profusely. Fatalii...I had several co-workers gathered around while I carefully sliced open the pod. As I was cutting, there was oil dripping out onto my fingers, which I promptly wiped off on a paper towel. I then ate one small slice and had slightly different results than the 7pod. With the fatalii, first there was excellent flavor for about 5 seconds and then sweat just started dripping down my face (with no eye watering). Funny thing about this, once I started dripping with sweat, i reached over and grabbed the paper towel I just used to wipe off the oil from my hand. Well, now, in addition to the profuse sweating, the side of my face was practically blistering and felt like someone held a match to my face. Also, a few days ago, a co-worker brought in his second or third bhut jolokia harvested (I have probably hundreds of bhut jolokias, but haven't had any turn as of yet). My friend was a little anxious bringing in the bhut and I don't think the pod was completely ripe, so probably would have been hotter if fully ripe. Anyway, I actually ate 2 or 3 pieces of the bhut and it wasn't nearly as bad as the fatalii or 7 pod, but the bhut had a very nice flavor.

Back