• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Bhut Jolokia black leaves.

I am growing some Bhuts and they seem to be doing well as in size, however one is worrying me greatly with some discoloration in it's newest leaves. I am adding a pic of the entire plant and one of the leaves I am talking about. The leaves lower down on the plant seem to be unaffected by whatever is doing this to the new sets of leaves. The plant itself still seems strong and is getting a lot of flowers. I have studied it greatly for bugs, found a few here and there but nothing major so far at least. The other plant about it's size treated exactly the same and flowering also does not have the black on the new leaves. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely, Reverend Michael Massey

010.jpg

009.jpg

001.jpg

I did research Bacterial Spot on several sites and concluded it was not it, there are no lesions on the bottoms of the leaves and no raised lesions anywhere. And instead of leaves falling, especially from the bottom of the plant, the leaves seem to be holding strong and reacting appropriately to sun/watering/temps. I am no expert by any means and may be taking some of the stuff I am finding online about Bacterial Spot to literally though. I will look into it more. Most of my information has come from University sites, I will start reading info on Bacterial Spot on some other sites though and hopefully learn more.

Thank you. Reverend Michael Massey

Edit for P.S. Thank you again for the seeds meinchoh! I am insanely excited for next year thanks to you  :dance:

Back