• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

Bhut Jolokia Ghost Rider Fire Sauce

This is my recipe for my latest homemade hot sauce called Bhut Jolokia Ghost Rider Fire Sauce. It is a fruit based concoction using fresh mangos and kiwi. This sauce is unique because at first taste it is quite sweet and then the ghost chile heat builds slowly and it has some serious hang time. Everyone that tries it says they have never experienced a gradually increasing burn like this sauce imparts. Chapped lips and fever blisters may cause some discomfort 

Makes 1 quart
8 dried Ghost pepper pods
3 dried smoked Serrano pepper pods (or Jalapeño)
2 mangos
3 kiwi fruits
1 cup apple cider vinegar
2 tbs brown sugar
3 cloves garlic
1 tsp powdered ginger
2 tsp coarse sea salt
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
1 tsp black pepper

Put on some latex gloves. Stem the peppers and cut them lengthwise. Remove the seeds. To release more flavor roast the peppers in a skillet on medium high heat and press on them with a spatula. I usually do this for about 20 seconds. To reconstitute the peppers bring a pot of water (about 1/2 cup) to a boil and add the peppers. Boil for a few minutes then reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Save the water for later. Then add ALL the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Then pour the mixture back into the pot with the peppery water. Bring to a boil then cover and simmer for 20 minutes. I let it cool before I funnel it into 5 oz. sauce bottles. Below is the label I made for it. I will post more of my sauce recipes as soon as I can. 
Ghost_rider_label.png

Back