Bhut Jolokia leaves turning yellow fast.

I have a Bhut Jolokia the leaves are starting to turn yellow very fast, just within two days. I had another one do this and drop most of its leaves, then I found I had whiteflys, I thought it was just becuase of that. Long story short the whiteflys are gone after spraying the leaves for a couple weeks, now this plant is doing it. I let the soil dry out before each watering. I changed the soil a couple weeks ago becuase I was starting to get what I thought was fungus gnats. I havent added any fertilizer either. This is my first year growing peppers and at this point I'm clueless. Does anyone have ideas on what is happening to this pepper?

-Daniel

fee6caa7-5d0c-4248-b006-f1d93c2e6b51_zps67995d44.jpg

The plant on top is doing very well.

photo1_zps34eed796.jpg

Also, it seems the leaves are only yellowing on the one side so far - what is the condition difference between each side of the plant? Anything like one side gets more light than the other? Anything else that may even seem random?

I'm going down the path of nutrient deficiency. There really is no sign of white fly damage on your yellowing leaves.

Leaf tip burn on older leaves could be a deficiency of Nitrogen. Nitrogen and Magnesium are also responsible for the green colour in your plants.

http://www.hydroponics.net/learn/nutrient_deficiencies.asp Here is a really useful resource which appears true and accurate.

I did change the soil in both plants, but at different times. Both are two gallon pots I believe and this plant is about 3 ft tall. For light I use a fluorescent grow light with t8 tubes above the plant and in the day it has window light. Both of my bhut jolokia plants look like this, what would be the best way to add Nitrogen and Magnesium  to the plants? I did use epson salt added to water about two weeks ago on the plants. 

You aren't going to need much N for them at this stage. What I would do and have done is order calmag. Afaik calmag is 2-0-0 so you get a source of nitrogen plus your magnesium and calcium plus other macro nutrients. Use maybe half strength and see how the plant responds. You could always use a weak liquid fertilizer with some low NPK it wont hurt the plant at all to get some extra nutes anyway. Use epsom salts sprinkled around the base of the plant and water it in. People say foilar spray epsom salts. I wont do it again. It left salt residue on the leaves which looked really ugly but could also potentially magnify light and burn the leaves.

Back