• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Bhut tipping over during the night

I have a couple bhuts in 5 gallon pots that are doing very well indoors, under a few grow lights.
The problem is that sometimes, during the night the top of the stem of one or both will tip over. It's not wilting, as occasionally it happens after I water the plants and otherwise they are very healthy.
The stem is also quite sturdy.
Is this a bhut thing?

What stage of growth are they in?

When you say "night" are you referring to a time of day, or a period of "dark" when you are giving them no light?

You should always try to provide your plants with some exposure to direct airflow... if you are growing indoors, this can be as simple as just putting a fan on them for a couple of hours a day. This will help them develop more sturdy stems, and generally better replicate the real-life conditions that they are accumstomed to growing in naturally.

I wouldn't worry! Sounds like there just sleeping to me,most plants will droop a little bit during there dark period! Just make sure it's not something else,like lack of fresh air or too cold in there during this time.

My plants often droop and refuse to take up water at night. Like Mr Pots said, they are tired from a day of scheming how to produce pods ;)

Back